[FIXED] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

by JochenWeiss

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] NPCs coming into apartments/houses uninvited

★★★ Apprentice

I am currently playing the game and I  am playing the Bheeda family, but I moved them from their smaller apartment to a bigger one for my room for their baby! Anyway the next door neighbors who my sims haven't even talked to just started coming into the apartment, mostly the man, its a couple, and no they don;'t have the goof ball or insane trait of anything that would explain it in a normal way! Plus in my case I don't even have the option to ask the to leave, because the social interactions are all a mess, but only with them, there's actually things missing, not just Ask to leave or whatever! 

Plus I had some live in the building that the Bheeda couple originally lives in and on the first day they stood out in the hall talking or doing nothing day and night and got to the point where they were whining because they were hungry, sleepy, bored or had to go to the bathroom, but did nothing, just stood there and peed on theirselves! But still they never would leave! 

I finally had to move my sim out to get away from them and put them in a house! But another time I just moved the Bheeda couple to another apartment away from them! 

Today I locked the door to keep the neighbors out, which amazingly worked, but I have a nanny and she can't get in without me unlocking the door, so I had my sim give her a key, but it only works when she is trying to get in, not when getting out, because when I had my sim dismiss her for the day, she wouldn't go until I unlocked the door for her! So that isn't even an option, even though it should be!

Oh and I have no CC right now because the last patch has made it where I can seem to have even  skin or make up added to my game without it crashing! Okay I do have a skill one in it and a gender preference one too in it right now, but this has happened even with none at all! Because I went for a time where I wouldn't use cc at all, because I didn't want it to get buggy and slow! So its not that! 

Its a bug, which Maxis doesn't seem to won't to take time to fix,even though lots of people are having problems with it! And as far as the sharing my save games I don't see how that could help with figuring out the problem, especially when this isn't an just a problem for me, its a problem for many people, maybe all even! 

Maxis needs to start fixing the bugs in the game and stop trying to lay the blame on the players! 

Message 91 of 151 (1,702 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @claramj

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Thank you for your detailed report.

Saves are important to us because they help us reproduce and pinpoint the root cause for the issues. So, we would really appreciate if you could take the time to send us your save files.

Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you again, and happy simming!

Message 92 of 151 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I just had this happen with a vengeance on my new legacy challenge file. Basically, I'm trying to build a completely new Old Salt House in the Spice District from the ground up on it. It was coming along fairly decently, this being right before the first generation heiress was born. So my founder and her husband go to work at around the same time, right? You gotta pay the bills somehow! Anyways, while they're gone, THREE NPCS barged into their house from the streets of the Spice District. They kept alternating between playing games on the computer and obsessively getting water from the sinks. One of them even managed to BREAK THE BATHROOM SINK DOING THIS. It hasn't happened again since I locked the front door to everyone but the household, but I'm not counting my chickens yet, since I've heard that NPCs have done this even with locked doors.

Message 93 of 151 (1,635 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've also been having this problem, with Supriya and Justin Delgato, and not in apartments but in a home. I have the door locked/set to household only, but they just come right in. I tried resetting them, hoping that would work, but it does not. They are not invited over, and there's nothing I can do to get them to leave. They do not knock either.

I'm playing in English, this happens every time I play. I do have some mods, and it appears that this has only started happening since I downloaded the Laundry and Jungle Adventure packs.

Message 94 of 151 (1,584 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there! 

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? If so, What are you seeing exactly? Would you be willing to share your save file with us? Instructions here

Thank you very much!

Message 95 of 151 (1,368 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is now starting to happen more and more in houses in every town, ever since Seasons at least! And now people are coming into my Sims house and then knocking on the front door, whether its locked or not! So instead of getting better, its gotten worst! 

And don't ask me to share my save files, since someone else here already said they did, and it still hasn't been fixed, I really don't think you should need everyone's save files to fix it, one should be enough! 

Message 96 of 151 (1,343 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @claramj

sometimes, even if people do share their saves, QA is not able to replicate and needs more. Would be helpful if you would share but it's of course your choice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 151 (1,331 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

The problem for me started after installing the Laundry Pack, No MODS, CC. I Have added the link to my latest game. Created two different games and the same issue keep happening. Thank you 

Save File

Message 98 of 151 (1,254 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Ryvaz

Thank you Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 99 of 151 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, it's Sep 9th 2018 and still have this same issue, i have all expansions and 2 days ago I created a new game setting my new sim at myshuno, when i settled in the luxury penthouse in the fashion district and later that day sims that I met started to enter into my apartment without knocking the door or even without any invitation.

They went at random hours to do random stuff.

Even that i locked the door didnt work.

The thing as I saw is that this problem has been happening during an entire year and we still have no official response to fix this.

Please help all of us.

Thanks!!

Message 100 of 151 (1,156 Views)