Re: Sims can not "travel with" most other sims

by whubble

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Most Sims are greyed out when trying to travel with them (Phone)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but MWS, DHD, and Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I select "travel," it loads the list of sims she can "travel with," however most of the portraits are greyed out and unselectable.
What do you expect to see? To be able to travel with up to 7 sims and not have most options greyed out and unselectable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Today's update, July 2022.

No further info to provide.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 72 (10,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Most Sims are greyed out when trying to travel with them (Phone)

Hero

All available Sims now can be selected for travel even if they are currently not on the current lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.375/1.62

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 72 of 72 (5,082 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@f521fed862ee76538fb62e3262aefcbd They are often unavailable when they are at work. Some Sims work 24//

What time have you tried ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (9,966 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

About noon on Harvestfest. Even sims without jobs are unselectable. She could only select from her household and her boyfriend (all teens).

Message 3 of 72 (9,951 Views)

Hero
@f521fed862ee76538fb62e3262aefcbd I've seen this with Sims that my Sim somehow doesn't seem to know anymore and I have to reintroduce myself.

Does it work with the other Sims in your household or also not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 72 (9,946 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just tried it with another household member, same, he can only travel with his household, his fellow werewolf pack members, and one other Moonwood Mill townie. The relationships of the greyed out options are the same as they were before the update. When traveling from home (Moonwood Mill), it appears he can only travel with other sims who reside in Moonwood Mill, which explains why the first sim had the option to travel with her boyfriend. However, when traveling from a lot that is not their home, they have zero options, everyone is greyed put, and they can only travel alone. I noticed this specifically while traveling around Windenburg (and the sim in question knows a lot of Windenburg residents).

Message 5 of 72 (9,917 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also having this problem. But my sim could only travel with two random sims and not her roommate. 

Message 6 of 72 (9,902 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem too, I can only travel with sims from my household :/

Message 7 of 72 (9,900 Views)

★★★ Expert

It seems to be limiting the "Travel With" options to sims that are currently in the same area as the Sim who is initiating the travel. In the pic below, my Sim is in the process of travelling to the Spice Festival. She lives in San Myshuno and is neighbors with Miko Ojo. When I first tried to travel, Miko was in the hallway and she was available to travel with on the phone menu. I cancelled the interaction because something didn't look right. By the time I tried it again, Miko had returned to inside her apartment and her portrait was no longer showing as a valid "travel with" option. The only thing that had changed was Miko was in the hallway during the first attempt, but was off the screen during the second attempt. 

spice festival.JPG

I tried "travelling with" other sims a few more times the next day. That seemed to be the pattern. If there were any Sims currently on screen + in the area + at least an acquaintance, then they are available as "travel with" options, otherwise they are greyed out. 

I am playing on PC, my game is fully patched, and I am not using any mods or CC.

Message 8 of 72 (9,851 Views)

Hero
@whubble Do you mean you only have two to choose from or you can't select more even though you have more than two available ?

I tested my own game and I can invite every single Sim no matter where they live so guess I can't duplicate.

How are you all travelling ? Are you trying to invite someone out ? Do you travel from the map ? Clicking M ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 72 (9,788 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Most Sims are greyed out when trying to travel with them

★ Apprentice

I am having exactly the same problem.

When I go to travel (mainly using the phone), I can only select the people in my household or people I know who happen to be on the street walking past. For example, if Bella Goth was walking on the street in the neighbourhood my sim is currently in, I could choose her, but if she was in a building, walking on the street in another neighbourhood, or at home I couldn't select her.

I can't select anyone from any other household. This is happening with all sims at all times of the day i.e. the fact the sim is at work has no baring on it. My sim can travel alone and when I get there, I can invite them to hang out at the current lot but I can't travel with them.

I have no mods or CC and never have used them either. I have also tried a full game repair to no avail.

Message 10 of 72 (9,765 Views)