Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Missing Baby Skin Tones

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two red skin toned parents have a child.
What happens when the bug occurs? The baby won't have the correct skin tone when born. This bug also applies to sims that have gray skin tones. aka vampires.
What do you expect to see? Correct Skin Tones
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (82).png

The babies thumbnail is red, but the baby isn't. The thumbnail also looks oddly strange. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Missing Baby Skin Tones

★★★★★ Pro

Hey I saw crinrict wanted feedback on twitter but it is fixed in patch 1.96

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,474 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Missing Baby Skin Tones

Hero
Adding this as needs input because I'm guessing that's always been an issue but I've never seen any complaints about it so far .. hence, more voices would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,379 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (2,357 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this problem back in November 2016! I do have old archived simstagram pictures to prove it! I also used to have one of the baby glowing red on the family portrait, but apparently I deleted it :/

Here are the parents. Dad is red. Mom isn't.

Here's the baby. He is dark and not red.

Here is that exact baby aged up to child. He IS red.

This has gone on for a long time, since even before toddlers.

Message 4 of 10 (2,329 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
There's a whole ton of CC in those pics, I know lol. I just thought they might come in handy anyway. Still really wish I had the one where he glowed red in the Manage Households screen :/
Message 5 of 10 (2,328 Views)

Sims 4 baby's skin looks bright red in the icon and gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

like the title says, the baby's skin doesn't match, but it's different than the usual "white/mixed parents but dark skinned baby". i was experimenting with the red miscellaneous skin tone to see what color the baby would be (no mods). it came out to be brown skinned, but the thumbnail and gallery show the baby being a bright red, brighter than the parents are, and the diaper it's wearing is red too. i was wondering if this happens in anyone else's game or if there's a fix? (pictures provided)

Message 6 of 10 (1,944 Views)

Re: Sims 4 baby's skin looks bright red in the icon and gallery

Hero
@Aquaswan I merged your post with the bug report on this. The baby is missing a few skin tones in the game. It should fix itself once it becomes a toddler.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested this. Two green parents got a green baby, but the two red parents got a brown skin baby, although the thumbnail down below does show red. And they did got their red skin when they became a toddler.
My guess is that the green worked because it was probably added with the alien babies. And since there are no red aliens, that one got left behind

Message 8 of 10 (1,842 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Hey I saw crinrict wanted feedback on twitter but it is fixed in patch 1.96

Message 9 of 10 (1,475 Views)

Hero
@gooochyeee Thanks for testing.

I'm going to lock this. Please create a new thread if you have issues with other skin tones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,407 Views)