[FIXED] [MWS] Missing strings for Vow renewal (non-english)

by daikoyu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [MWS] Missing strings for Vow renewal (non-english)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in german (and maybe all other language which are not English) -> Play a married couple
What happens when the bug occurs? Ask to be "InsertWeddingRole" are blank for vow renewal questions.
What do you expect to see? Ask to be "InsertWeddingRole" for vow renewal are visible with complete sentence for married couple.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.94.147.1030

Only occurs for married sims, engaged sims strings are there without issue.

MissingStrings.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. adjusted title

Message 1 of 28 (1,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [MWS] Missing strings for Vow renewal (non-english)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

This bug is fixed with patch 1.95.207.1030.

View in thread

Message 27 of 28 (1,343 Views)

All Replies

Re: Missing weddings strings (German)

Hero
@daikoyu Did you do a same repair yet

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 28 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Yes, and it is with a new folder + save.

Maybe I should add I only tested it with married couples. I am not sure if engaged couples have the same issue with blank wedding role question + I can still ask my spouse if she want to be my "insertWeddingRole" in blank. Which should be fixed (and hope is fixed in English) Can’t test it for myself because I use EA App and can’t change the language without download again 60gb.

Message 3 of 28 (1,836 Views)

Hero
@daikoyu to be sure it was ok before the patch?

You can just redownload origin. The link is stickied in the origin tech forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 28 (1,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Before patch the strings(sentence) was there, I think the fix (Solved: [FIXED] [MWS] Wedding Story Conversation Topics for Married Sims - Answer HQ (ea.com)) broke it for other language (at last for german)

Thanks, but I don’t want to use origin. I had many problems with it and EA App works a lot better for me , I just hope they will add that we can change again language without to reinstall the whole game (as it was with origin)

Message 5 of 28 (1,789 Views)

Hero

I can test tomorrow.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 28 (1,765 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Update: I tested it with charm household. In Screen 1 Emilia and Darrel are engaged. You can see here I have all wedding role topic with Darrel’s Mom.

In Screen 2 Emilia and Darrel are married. All wedding role topics are now blank, so I am sure the patch broke the german strings.

This test was under vanilla, new folder, new game and after a game repair.

Message 7 of 28 (1,736 Views)

Hero

@daikoyu Switched to German and tested and mine are all there

Bild_2023-01-18_115606148.png

Could you try moving the German string file in the My Wedding Stories Delta folder to the desktop and then repairing again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 28 (1,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I tested and it doesn’t work. Aehm, the strings are there as long the sims are only engaged. @crinrict  Have you tried this after they married? (Because I saw you have “Zur Verlobung gratulieren”, so they are not married now)

The missing strings are only there after they married, because they change the string to ask to be “InsertWeddingRoles” at Vow Renewal. Could you try it with a married household?

Message 9 of 28 (1,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@daikoyu Sure .. guess I switched back to fast. Doing it again.

EDIT: To be sure, this is just for married Sims where after the patch the interactions are supposed to be gone completely not if you try to do a vow renewal party ?

(still waiting on Origin)

EDIT EDIT: Yes, I can duplicate emptiness. Also checked english now and I don't see a reason for these interactions to be there at all. I don't have a vow renewal planned (heck, they just got married) so why should I be able to ask them to Honor at Vow renewal at all without scheduling one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 28 (1,671 Views)