[FIXED] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

by Abradley745

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [MHSP] Progress Bar doesn't Move while Watching Movie

★★★ Guide

So someone commented here with a solution for this, but only left s4s directions. I decided to make it easy for those who do not understand s4s or are lazy ( people can be - not an insult) and uploaded the "fix" to my free patreon. Search "YourFalseHope" in the creator search or google "movie progress bar fix YourFalseHope". Links are not allowed here, sorry. It was also reblogged by maxis match world. 

Message 41 of 71 (1,470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Abradley745Thanks - been having this issue for a while but finally searched for a bug report today. Does this fix the buffs/conversation options too or just the bar for now?

Message 42 of 71 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SpoonKingdom Unfortunately No... I've been busy so I haven't had the time to look into that, but I will asap. Unless EA fixes it before then of course, which I hope they do.
Message 43 of 71 (1,406 Views)

Movie hangout stuff no longer works

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 05.282
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except for eco lifestyle and get famous Dine out, outdoor Retreat, spa day, parenthood, cool kitchen stuff, spooky stuff, movie hangout stuff, backyard stuff, fitness stuff, laundry day stuff, tiny living stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a movie on any tv
What happens when the bug occurs? I get my sims to watch a movie and it just plays forever with no progress, movie socials and moodlets do not appear.
What do you expect to see? My sims to watch the movie properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a small amount of cc but I think this may be a known issue. I am not sure as I bought the pack recently and it has never worked as intended lol

Message 44 of 71 (1,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Abradley745 Thank you for providing a fix. It did make it to where the progression bar finally moved but unfortunately it only worked one time. Now when I get my sims to try and sit through a movie, the progression bar moves very slowly, causing my sims to sit for longer than neccessary to get through a movie. Not to mention, because the progression bar has been moving very slowly for me, the movies are still replaying in a loop and my sims will sit there for hours still watching until I cancel the interaction.

Message 45 of 71 (1,239 Views)

Champion

If anyone is interested, I have a new bug fix for this issue on my WordPress blog. Search for "simvasion mods" on Google (it's usually the first search result).

The progress bar should move again while watching movies, sims can join watching and the movie will end after the end credits as it should, and the sims should get the moodlets.

When I encountered the bug in my game, it seemed like the progress bar wouldn't move because the game couldn't start/use the movie length commodity. I added a line to the tuning file that makes it use the initial tuning as the default (start at zero).

Message 46 of 71 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thanks I was about to disable the pack because of this your a lifesaver.

Message 47 of 71 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@simvasion thank you for providing another fix. I'll definitely have to try this out when I get home
Message 48 of 71 (1,094 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Same thing is happening to me, repairing the game and starting a new save seems to work, but for your current saves, you're scr*wd. Hope this get's fixed soon.  

Message 49 of 71 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Novice
@simvasion Omg it actually solves the issue! I can finally watch movies again, thank you so much. You're definitely a lifesaver!! I was so close to just deleting every TV. 
Message 50 of 71 (880 Views)