Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Long Life Span: Sims have days added on entering live mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits, Werewolves and Weddings and Batuu, Fitness, Luxury, My First Pet, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a save game or resume a game, likely with "long lifespan" turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? All the household sims age up at the same time
What do you expect to see? No aging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes, since the 07/26/22 update

I can only find reports that this bug was fixed with a previous patch, but it seems with today's (7/26/22) update it is back. After using CAS in-game, Sims that are off the lot come back and immediately age up. It does not seem to affect sims that are still on the lot when their appearance is being changed. I am playing on the "long" lifespan option and have most add-ons to the game. I am guessing it has something to do with today's update.

Update: It is not just for Sims that are off the lot, it has also happened with sims on the lot as well.  

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

CM Edit: Added BR Template. 

Message 1 of 318 (41,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims lifespan timer keeps doubling

Hero

Sims with a short or long Lifespan no longer become younger or age dramatically when leaving Create a Sim.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.375/1.62

Now, I did a very short test and my long lifespan game was fine. No aging up after cas/travelling/reloading

I know there have been a lot of statements and maybe some other issues mixed in here during the past week. It was crazy busy and they all did sound the same.

So  what I mean to say: If you see issues still with aging on a vanilla game, just go ahead and make a new thread.

Please describe your issue in details and not just something along the lines of: It's not fixed. I still have it

Thanks all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 318 of 318 (18,479 Views)

All Replies

Re: Old bug is back: Sims age up after using Create-a-Sim

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Going to use this post to post a little re-cap of what I found testing

• This bug effects Long Life Span only. If you play on long, you get days added to your sim every time a transition happens (loading the game, going to CAS, going to World Map). this will make your Sims age eventually.
  • Normal Lifespan always works normal.
  • Short Lifespan works normal, if that's your initial setting. If you set a game that was on Long to short, they will age down instead of up
  • Disabled aging will work as long as the greyed out option doesn't say Long. If it says long, it will add the days even if disabled.

Workarounds

• Do not play any saves that have long lifespan until EA patches this (it's bad, I'm hoping for an emergency patch for it)
  • Disable aging for the save. To do so, do not use the resume button but use the LOAD and change the settings from the map before loading your family. I'm not 100% sure that they won't take an initial day hit if you load the household but they shouldn't age further after that.
  • Change aging to Normal. instead of disable. This will of course make them age faster but it's not a bad option.
  • I don't recommend changing to short but since you like to play on long, I don't think you would want to do that :D

Thanks all that have provided info. Currently nothing more is needed. Just hit that pesky me too button if you are affected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 318 (41,138 Views)

New Aging Up Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After newest update, I open up my game and automatically have every Sim trying to age up at the same exact time. It was fixed temporarily by restarting but then I reloaded the save again and it did the exact same thing, even though all the Sims are far from aging up normally. It's really frustrating and I get scared because I have an elder and this bug will kill them if I don't exit out. It's not just if opening CAS, but my first encounter was after doing so. But now even just loading it normal has this issue.

I posted on TS4 reddit and other people said they also are experiencing this bug

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? every time I resume or load a game
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits, Werewolves and Weddings and Batuu, Fitness, Luxury, My First Pet, Paranormal 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open a save game or resume a game, likely with "long lifespan" turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? all the household sims age  up at the same time
What do you expect to see? no aging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? none
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? yes, since the 07/26/22 update

Message 3 of 318 (40,978 Views)

My Sims age up once back from CAS

★ Apprentice

Hello !

I'm having a big issue with the Sims 4 since the last patch (July 26th, 2022): when in game I go into CAS (either from the favourites panel, or a dresser / mirror) to modify my Sim (either change, or modify outfits only) and once back in live mode, my Sims gain so many days! And sometimes even age up because they have become really old apparently from going into CAS!

I repaired my game, started in a fresh save without any mods, and it still happens!

What else is there to do?!

Message 4 of 318 (40,956 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same/a similar issue

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? every time I resume or load a game
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except kits, Werewolves and Weddings
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open a save game or resume a game, likely with "long lifespan" turned on
What happens when the bug occurs? all sims in the household, even those not on the lot, age up immediately, despite having many days left in that age bracket
What do you expect to see? no aging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? none
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? yes, since the new patch

Message 5 of 318 (40,970 Views)

All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, SP, GP. Only kit is Bust the Dust and Camping.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playtest your updates before releasing them.
What happens when the bug occurs? After returning from CAS all sims in my household age up, including elders which triggers death.
What do you expect to see? My sims to remain the age they were when we entered CAS.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, today's update.

This is an unavoidable glitch for me because my sims were randomized with sexualities incompatible with their PRE-EXISTING RELATIONSHIPS. I cannot play the game without accessing CAS because they cannot speak to their spouses, fiancé, or dates. 

Message 6 of 318 (40,915 Views)

Sim instantly aged up!

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is insane. When my Sim was loaded, his age bar showed up full. I do have mods and I did disable aging in the process of making my sims. Is this a mod issue? And he just became an adult. I don't know why!

Message 7 of 318 (38,053 Views)

Re: All sims in household age up after accessing CAS

Hero

I merged some threads.

Also need some data

What age span are you all playing on ?

Thanks

@hollabec_girl @absadot @Suaine @Mojom11 @VDKH 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 318 (40,795 Views)

Champion

Same here. Vanilla game

How often does the bug occur? every time I resume or load a game
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Resume your game or load another save file of a previous household
What happens when the bug occurs? all sims in the household, Everyone on the lot ages up, even pets and even visiting strays. (I have a lot that welcomes strays).   Have not tested it for other Sims on other lots. 
What do you expect to see? no aging
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? yes, since the new patch

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 318 (40,796 Views)

Champion

@crinrict , my Lifespan is on Long

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 318 (40,763 Views)