Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Lamp Snapping to walls/half-walls/fences

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, All Game Pack (except STJTB) All Stuff Packs (except LPSP, SSP) All Kits (except MMK, FSK)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the crooked table lamp form basement treasure kit
What happens when the bug occurs? The lamp snaps to walls
What do you expect to see? the lamp not snaping to inappropriate locations such as walls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Extra Info: when holding alt it moves around the wall like a wall light

Screenshot:

CM Edit: Update title

Message 1 of 9 (1,536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BTK] Lamp Snaping to walls/half-walls/fences

Hero

After plenty of confidence building exercises, certain table lamps will no longer snap to the wall when placed and will be comfortable standing wherever you place them.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (576 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@gooochyeeeSame happens with a lamp from the Werewolf pack. But I havn't reportet it yet bcause it looks like EA don't care about small bugs.

I give a "me too"

Message 2 of 9 (1,406 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@666_Carbide_666 Hi. If you want to share a picture of the lamp I will be happy to add the werewolf tag and make the report be about both lamps Standard smile
Message 3 of 9 (1,385 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@gooochyeee here is the Lamp. But it is from Batuu, not from Werewolf Pack. Little mistake, sorry.

23.04.23_21-18-49.png

Message 4 of 9 (1,373 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@666_Carbide_666 Just to confirm it is trying to slot there even if you move it away right (sorry dont have the pack to test)
Message 5 of 9 (1,365 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@gooochyeee When moving it on free ground (not a wall/halfwall/fence), it does not snap and is green. Like normal objects when pressing ALT and move it.

On walls, it snaps on the dotted line on the ground and is always red. Pressing ALT when it snaps on the wall have no effect.

(Sorry about my bad english)
Message 6 of 9 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have attached a Video.

I don't pressed ALT all the time.

Message 7 of 9 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@666_Carbide_666 Thank you so much. Your english is amazing! That is the bug I am seeing too. I have added the JTB tag to the thread.

If anyone finds any others feel free to report
Message 8 of 9 (1,344 Views)

Hero

After plenty of confidence building exercises, certain table lamps will no longer snap to the wall when placed and will be comfortable standing wherever you place them.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (577 Views)