Re: Why am I unable to survey ocean wildlife as a mermaid?

by MezzoBlaze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Conservationist: Mermaids can't Survey ocean wildlife

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a mermaid sims advance through the conservationist career and choose the marine biologist path. If you try to click on the buoy to complete the daily task it is greyed out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The daily task for sims to complete when promoted to marine biologist is to 'survey ocean wildlife' but mermaids cannot complete this task, as "snorkeling is a taboo subject"..
What do you expect to see? Mermaid sims complete the interaction the same as a non-mermaid sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living (mermaids)

Mermaids could snorkel in sims 3, and I used this interaction a lot to get them to search for seashells/etc in the ocean.

This is frustrating, and it will take much longer to advance through the rest of the career...

Untitled picture.png

Edit (crin): For the me too count. Merged another post with 21 me toos in here.

Message 24 of 70 (23,175 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Conservationist: Mermaids can't Survey ocean wildlife

[ Edited ]
Hero

Mermaid conservationists can now successfully survey wildlife in the ocean.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120

New thread for snorkeling issue:: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mermaid-Conservationists-can-t-complete-snorkel...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 68 of 70 (23,883 Views)

All Replies

Why am I unable to survey ocean wildlife as a mermaid?

★★ Novice

Hi, I am currently playing the new expansion pack Island Living, and have just reached the marine biologist branch career, but I am unable to survey ocean wildlife because mermaids can't snorkel, how am I supposed to advance this career properly without that option? 

Message 1 of 70 (24,923 Views)

Mermaid unable to survey ocean life? Marine Biologist career.

★★ Novice

Unable to Survey Marine Life as a mermaid!

Made a mermaid and she went into the marine biologist career - now I cannot survey marine life which is a huge part of gaining performance in the career. Why is this happening? Why wouldn't a mermaid be able to watch/report on the marine life and their health? It feels like it fits with the fantasy very well. 

Message 2 of 70 (23,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay I have an actual answer to this question now, there actually IS a way to survey the ocean floor as a mermaid, but you have to do it from a specific type of buoy. There are two different types; one lets you snorkel (green), and one lets you deep dive and purchase diving equipment (red).

If you want to have your mermaid finish the task, go to the "Lani St. Taz" area of the map (the top righthand corner of the world map) and find this white and red buoy (there might be some other ones in the volcano area, but this is the only one I've found for now).

Click on the red buoy with your mermaid sim selected and hit the "Survey Ocean Floor" button. This will let you survey the floor and complete the "Survey Ocean Wildlife" task.
Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 6.18.48 PM.png

Message 3 of 70 (24,634 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I will give this a try as soon as I can Standard smile

Message 4 of 70 (24,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Do you need to buy any gear first before "Survey Ocean Floor" appear? The red buoy in my game doesn't have this button.

Untitled.jpg

Message 5 of 70 (24,584 Views)

★★ Novice
@MezzoBlaze How do you know if this works ? Because I’ve been trying to do this for a while and I didn’t know what to do?
Message 6 of 70 (24,506 Views)

★★ Novice

Did it work.??? 

Message 7 of 70 (24,500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You shouldn’t have to buy any gear as long as your sim is a mermaid, my sim didn’t have to. 

If your sim is NOT a mermaid you may need to buy gear. 

Message 8 of 70 (24,472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I know that this works because that’s a screenshot from my game. Do you happen to know any reasons why this wouldn’t work? Like are you trying this with a mermaid sim or do you just have a regular sim. 

Make sure that the buoy you are looking at is RED and not green. 

The red one shows up in open water with nothing around it. 

Message 9 of 70 (24,470 Views)