[FIXED] [HR] Sims doing country dancing when different style of music is playing

by andypuk1980a

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HR] Sims doing country dancing when different style of music is playing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.264.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them including Horse Ranch.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Easy, just play the game, go visit a nightclub thats playing a different style of music and see the sims dancing with the country style dancing mixed in, doesn't look right at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? Visit a nightclub thats playing disco or even metal music and the sims are dancing with country dancing mixed in.
What do you expect to see? Sims not doing a hodown or line dancing to disco or metal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the new Horse Ranch dlc, now the sims are all doing the country style dancing.

This is definitley a new bug related to the new Horse Ranch dlc, not mod related. My sim visited a nightclub that I built in San Myshuno that plays metal music and i see the other sims doing line dancing and kick their heals jumping in the air like they are cowboys/cowgirls.

It looks completely out of place and needs to be addressed, its fine if my sim is visiting Chestnut Ridge and country music is actually playing but this isn't the case, as I mentioned they are in San Myshuno and the club is playing totally different music, I also tested this with other nightclubs in other worlds playing different music as well and yep, everyone is dancing like cowboys/cowgirls, please fix this EA!!!!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 33 (5,828 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HR] Sims doing country dancing when different style of music is play

Hero

The era of heavy metal square dancing has waned. Sims will now only autonomously perform Cowpoke Dance if Ranch music is playing.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 33 (1,680 Views)

All Replies

Re: [HR] Sims doing country dancing even when different style of music is playin

★★★★ Expert
While I agree it’s disconcerting, it’s hardly a new bug. They’ll dance to anything. They’ll boogie to children’s radio or lullabies or baroque. https://youtu.be/BKp11AYWb3k
Message 2 of 33 (5,768 Views)

Re: [HR] Sims doing country dancing even when different style of music is playin

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I feel like this would be far better had they done it like Jungle Adventure. The native sims in Selvadorada have their own unique dance. It's not mixed in with the regular dancing. So, it certainly seems like a bug to me as well. 

Message 3 of 33 (5,651 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Everyone anywhere always ranch dance even in city nightclubs ????

Message 4 of 33 (5,610 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this too! It was super weird seeing a bunch of sims cowboy dancing to jazz music at bars

Message 5 of 33 (5,567 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yep, it's getting on my nerves now and starting to make me not want to play, I know there are other styles of dances ingame like the slow romance dance but non of the sims do that whilst at the nightclub or when dancing to the stereo, so why should they suddenly start doing this cowpoke dance or whatever its called?

I also noticed when clicking on the dancefloor you have the option to do a cowpoke dance which is fine but its really the autonomy that needs to be sorted out and the dancing needs to go back to how it was before the dlc came out, also make it so that they only do the cowpoke dance when that kind of music is playing which would make more sense.

Message 6 of 33 (5,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

They created the "Cowpoke Dance", but it's still autonomous when dancing normally, for everyone. It's probably not a bug, but a poorly implemented design. So, this is really not good, and I'll leave it at that, to not use "colourful" words, but I'm definitely thinking those words right now! *stares dramatically at the monitor, doing some heavy thinking*

I'm mostly posting here to add to the voices begging them to change/fix this on their own, instead of having to wait for one more mod, and add to my "fixes" folder, already containing hundreds of those *sighs*

Speaking of which, my...

TDLR.: Partial fix right now is to use MCCC Tuner mod, to disable, so far: "Cowpoke Dance", and "ContryDancing_Mixers_Move2" and "ContryDancing_Mixers_Move4", but I haven't tested this for long enough to see what happens yet. However, so far, they've mostly stopped doing it, but I can see there's "ContryDancing_Mixers_Move" 1 to 5, so one may as well block those too.

(I'm not that great using Tuner though, so if anyone thinks I'm messing something up, feel free to correct me)

Message 7 of 33 (5,525 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah yes, I do have MCCC and the Tuner part of it as well, I just did a search for autonomy on the dancefloor and the stereos and disabled the cowpoke dance and so far it seems to be working, no one is doing the cowpoke dance now, i just need to renable it when i visit the nightclub in Chestnut Ridge or every time i go there, a bit of a nuisance but at least it'll do for now.

Message 8 of 33 (5,511 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, they will dance normally for a few minutes then suddenly they will get rigor mortis. It's very disturbing. 

Message 9 of 33 (5,470 Views)

cowpoke dance autonomy

★★★ Novice

cowpoke dancing autonomy is not where is should be. the dance is.... fine especially when in the new world. if only it was limited to there and not every townie all of a sudden knows this dance and no other. I clicked on the regular dance option and 2 seconds later they were cowpoke dancing. if autonomy for this could be cranked down or even limited to just the new world similarly to being able to keep werewolves in moon wood it's be 100000000000 times better. it makes me not want to open the game seeing sims clipping through each other doing cowpoke dances in a night club 

Message 10 of 33 (5,277 Views)