[FIXED] [HR] Horse Riding doesn't count as being active/help with loosing weight

by flauschtrud

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HR] Horse Riding doesn't count as being active/help with loosing weight

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I noticed that my Sim with the Active trait got "not enough exercise" moodlets although she was riding multiple times per day. She also gained a lot of weight. I think Horse Riding should both count as being active and also help (at least a little bit) with losing weight.

(and yes, horse riding in real life is also exercise for the human Wink)

EDIT: Bug template added after the thread has been moved from feedback to bugs

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I noticed it for one Sim (but didn't play with any other (Active) horse riders afterwards)
What is your current game version number? 1.99.305.1020 (might have been 1.99.264.1030 when I played in this save)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Horse Ranch plus a bunch of others
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as an Active Sim who rides on a daily basis
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim gets "not enough exercise" moodlets due to the Active trait although they do horse riding daily and also gain a lot of weight in the long run
What do you expect to see? Horse riding being counted as being active and also help with losing weight
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No (since HR was new at the time)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 15 (4,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HR] Horse Riding doesn't count as being active/help with loosing wei

Hero

Yipee, Horse Riding now helps Sims lose weight!

Fixed in Patch 1.106.148/1.91

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,157 Views)

All Replies

Re: Horse Riding should count as being active and help to lose weight

★★★★★ Guide

@flauschtrud I agree and clicked me too! ♥

Message 2 of 15 (4,222 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@flauschtrud 

The horse gets a lot of exercise. However the rider gets very little. It is not that hard to stay on the back of the horse or give it directions. Your behind may get some exercise. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 15 (4,205 Views)

★ Apprentice

I agree, my sim keeps gaining weight and she rides those horses and work on her farm shovelling and cutting hay everyday but she still gains weight even tho shes is exhausted and stinks when she is done…I was thinking the same thing, why is she working on her farm but still gaining😅 Id be a 120 lbs if I lived that life lol

Message 4 of 15 (4,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen  Yes that is true but all the care they put into the horse for training like: brushing, cleaning hooves for the horse. Cleaning stalls picking up barrels and bars, cleaning up poo gets them nothing that is considered in the way of exercise. It should come into play at some point so training could be an answer.

Message 5 of 15 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Guide

There's a lot of muscle activation going on while riding, for core stabilization and balance and also for communicating with the horse.

Here's one of many online calculators for reference: https://fitnessvolt.com/calories-burned-horseback-riding/

A person weighing 140 lbs would burn 387kcal while trotting with the horse for an hour. Even more for cantering or jumping.

Horse chores are also listed in this calculator.

Message 6 of 15 (4,078 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@flauschtrud Thanks so much for your help. I think of riding as fun but some of the chores are hard and pretty gross. I passed at owning horses but both my sisters do so I get the fun without the cleaning. LOL

Message 7 of 15 (4,069 Views)

Champion
@flauschtrud Thank you for the stats! I was pretty sure there was a lot of work with core muscles to ride a horse, making it real exercise not just sitting around, but not being a horse rider, I thought maybe I was wrong :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 8 of 15 (4,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@flauschtrud I agree and added my 'Me Too'' and 'XP. RL horseback riding definitely is a workout and physical challenge of it's own, particularly if you're doing more active &/or involved horse riding activities. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 9 of 15 (4,039 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @flauschtrud 

I've moved this to the Bug Report section of the forum. Could you please edit your original post to fill out the bug report template?

If you aren't prompted to do so, please copy/paste the below into your original post and fill it out so we can properly track this.

Thanks!

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

EACade
Message 10 of 15 (3,897 Views)