Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HCHSP] Waffle Maker and Pizza Oven cause constant fires

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim use any of the new appliances in the Home Chef Hustle stuff pack (pizza oven, waffle iron, stand mixer).
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will start food prep or start cooking the pizza or waffles. When I played my main save with no CC, fires broke out 4 out of 6 times.
What do you expect to see? Food should cook without fires, or only have fires a small percentage of the time if Sims skills are low.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm loving the new stuff pack, but the fires are getting annoying (and expensive). Out of 6 tries on a save with CC disabled, a fire occurred 4 times. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Edit By Muir: Took out Sims walking away as requested by Crinrict.

Message 1 of 31 (7,977 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] [HCHSP] Waffle Maker and Pizza Oven cause constant fires

Hero

It was getting a little too hot in the kitchen! We've tuned the frequency of fires that will start when cooking with the ChowBella Portable Pizza Oven and ChowBella Heart Waffle Maker.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 31 (1,169 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims are walking away from the appliances in Home Chef Hustle, causing fires

Hero

HI @MuirDragonne 

Try the following

• Close the game
  • Rename Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_Old
  • Start the game. All your content will be gone now as the game created a new folder. All your saves/.. is still in the old folder so not to worry
  • Start a new save game
  • Check if you still have the error
  • Report back with your results for further steps on how to get your stuff back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (7,961 Views)

Re: Sims are walking away from the appliances in Home Chef Hustle, causing fires

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict 

Thanks for the quick response. I've followed your instruction and can confirm that my sim still walks away from the new appliances (she went to watch TV and chat with the neighbours). A fire didn't start this time, but I did have to constantly check on the food and then tell my sim to collect/serve it, which I would expect them to do themselves. If this is intended, then a notification saying that the food is done would be super helpful!

Message 3 of 31 (7,948 Views)

Champion
@MuirDragonne They’re actually supposed to be able to multitask. They can start the appliance, then do other things until it’s done. There’s a timer if you hover over the appliance, and it will beep when it’s done. Then you have to tell them to collect the waffles or pizza for them to take it out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 31 (7,848 Views)

Hero
@MuirDragonne As PipMenace said, that's by design that they walk away. You put it in the oven and when it's done you collect it. They don't have to stand next to it. I was concerned about the fires. There are several reports for constants fires with several causes (mods being one of them), so I wanted to be sure that's not it

Did your Sim have the fear of fire ? Do you need further instructions on how to get your stuff back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (7,839 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The fires do happen fairly often in my main save, but I'm not certain what's causing them. Yesterday, when I was playing and experimenting with the new pack in my main save, there were 4 fires out of 6 times that I used the waffle iron and pizza oven. I thought that it was due to the Sims walking away or being low cooking skill, but maybe it's just random and I got unlucky?

No fears of fire and yes please. 

Message 6 of 31 (7,836 Views)

Hero

First only put back your save game

Copy all content from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_Old\Saves to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves 

If there's a duplicate because of the new save you created, either just overwrite the file if you don't want to keep the new save or rename the new one to a different number that hasn't been used.

Now test again. If it still works, you can put the following folders back (just copy the content like you have done for the saves to their respective folders

- Screenshots

- Recorded Videos

- Tray (your houses and households)

- Custom Music if you have any

Test again.

If it still works you can move on to your mods folder.

Copy stuff back in groups. Start with CC, most should be fine., then your mods but do make sure they are compatible

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1009959/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-2023-horse-ranch-pat...

and here's a tutorial with pics for the whole process: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/ 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (7,818 Views)

Hero
@MuirDragonne Could you edit your first post to make it just about too many fires for the waffle/pizza ? Think it's best if it's not merged with the other constant fire threads at this point.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (7,771 Views)

Oven/Waffle maker catching fire

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? -Horse Ranch -High School Years -Cottage Living -Snowy Escape -Eco Lifestyle -Discover University -Island Living -Get Famous -Seasons -Cats and Dogs -City Living -Get to Work -Werewolves -Journey to Batuu -Realm of Magic -Strangerville -Jungle Adventure -Parenthood -Vampires -Dine Out -Outdoor Retreat -Home Chef Hustle -Paranormal -Nifty Knitting -My First Pet -Laundry Day -Backyard -Kids Room -Spooky -Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use either the oven or waffle maker (not sure about pizza oven as I haven't used it yet) Every time my sim cooks on the oven and the waffle maker, it catches fire. My sim has max cooking, gourmet cooking and baking and I avoid bad moodlets just in case.
What happens when the bug occurs? The stove/waffle maker catches fire.
What do you expect to see? My sim cooking and the appliance not catching fire every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Home Chef Hustle I started having this issue, I have played a lot of Sims 4 and had no issues with fires before installing it.

Ever since I installed Home Chef Hustle I have had this issue, every time I use the oven or waffle maker (haven't used the pizza oven yet so not sure about that) it catches fire, even though my sim has max cooking, gourmet cooking and baking, i've upgraded the best oven you can buy and made sure to keep out negative moodlets just in case.

Message 9 of 31 (7,681 Views)

Re: Oven/Waffle maker catching fire

★ Guide

I have my level 10 cooking skill sim trying to make a pizza with all prepped ingredients and theyve already started two fires within the hour for no other reason than "Simmers want chaos"

Message 10 of 31 (7,648 Views)