[FIXED] [HCHSP] Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Quite often
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Home Chef Hustle Stuff, Desert Luxe Kit, Holiday Celebration Pack

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat leftovers from the fridge when you have leftovers and some prepped food in the fridge. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will chose to eat the prepped food instead of an actual meal. 
What do you expect to see? the sim eating only edible food, not some raw waffle batter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No I uninstalled all mods long ago
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After I bought and installed Home Chef Hustle Stuff

when i tell my sims to eat leftovers or they do the action autonomously they are sometimes eating prepped ingredients instead of meals even when meals are available

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (6,713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [HCHSP] Sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

[ Edited ]
Hero

Somehow this evaded my marking as fixed

Sims were just a little over-excited by the prepped ingredients, eating them straight out of the fridge. A lot! Sims will no longer autonomously eat prepped ingredients when eating leftovers.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

New thread if you still have issues. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSHSP-Sims-eating-prepped-ingredients-as-eat-leftovers-Patch-1...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 34 of 34 (1,432 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims eating prepped ingredients as 'eat leftovers'

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kittyspacegirl yeah, I'm not sure this is a bug as it might be intended that way or at least for certain things that I am experiencing, but it is annoying. Like, this happened last night when my sims had purchased cheese from a stall in order to make a planned meal for an event I was going to have them have the next sim day. When they got home and shortly after I put the cheese in the fridge, despite there being three meals in the fridge, they all autonomously grabbed the cheese and were eating it, I managed to cancel some of them and put the slices back in the fridge, but others had eaten it 'cause I was focusing on something else in the game and forgot that I needed to be careful they didn't eat the cheese. But yeah, when it happens I then have to have them make or buy more. I don't know for sure if this is intentional programming or not, I do think it's cool they can eat the prepped ingredients, but wish they wouldn't do so autonomously or when grabbing "leftovers"
What prepped ingredients specifically are your sims eating?
Message 2 of 34 (6,679 Views)

Champion

I think this is part of a larger problem with the “get leftovers” command - I haven’t tried it yet with prepped ingredients, but my Sims’ preferences are generally:

1. a piece of cheese

2. a slice of bread if cheese is not available 

3. a piece of cake if neither bread nor cheese is available

4. actual meals if and only if there’s no bread, cheese, or desserts in the fridge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 3 of 34 (6,672 Views)

Champion

I've got this too. I've started taking the leftovers out of the fridge so they can grab some from a plate instead.

I use "leftovers" mostly for breakfast as my Sims batch cook breakfast foods for a few days at a time to save hassle in the morning. So now I line up a few plates on the counter top for them to get something more appropriate than a block of cheese before school/work/etc... because it's just odd.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 4 of 34 (6,572 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed this the other night. My Sims were eating the batter, dough, and prepped veggies, which was super annoying as I was planning on using these things to make some meals.

Message 5 of 34 (6,527 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah. You have, in the fridge:

1. Island Vegetables Feast

2. Waffles 

3. waffle batter 

I have to all but reset object to get them to eat anything BUT batter! 

Message 6 of 34 (6,383 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

They also seem to prioritize eating prepped ingredients? I usually have at least 1-2 different dishes stored in the fridge but they run straight for the raw pancake batter. I can see sims eating cookie dough, but uncooked prepped meat? Ew.

Message 7 of 34 (6,233 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've also had issues with this, My vegetarian sim also seems to go straight for the prepped meat over everything else and getting sick.

Message 8 of 34 (6,228 Views)

Sim eat prepped ingredient as a leftover

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Quite often
What is your current game version number? 1.101.290.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Home Chef Hustle Stuff, Desert Luxe Kit, Holiday Celebration Pack

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat leftovers from the fridge when you have leftovers and some prepped food in the fridge. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will chose to eat the prepped food instead of an actual meal. 
What do you expect to see? the sim eating only edible food, not some raw waffle batter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No I uninstalled all mods long ago
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After I bought and installed Home Chef Hustle Stuff

Personnal Note: Ew! 

Message 9 of 34 (6,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@kittyspacegirlI think it may be designed that they will eat the food that will expire the quickest, but that is only from my own experience, not from any knowledge of the coding...but of course it doesn't make it any weirder to eat batter over finished products lol.

*EDIT: I meant spoil/expire soonest, as in 1 day versus 3 days out, etc.

Message 10 of 34 (6,107 Views)