Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Green Smoke doesn't disappear after changing diapers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The stinky green smoke is stuck to the toddler even when diaper has been changed multiple times. Diapers don't have the green stinky smoke anymore. It's stuck to the toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims around the toddler gets the stink moodlet.
What do you expect to see? When diaper has been changed and toddler is bathed, the green stinky smoke should be automatically removed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi EA,

Please see attached screenshot for the concern raised. 

The stinky green smoke is not removing itself from the toddler and seems to be stuck to her.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 42 (12,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Green Smoke doesn't disappear after changing diapers

Hero

Infants who age up in a dirty diaper will no longer produce stink clouds as if forced to wear that dirty diaper into adulthood (Rest assured, I hated writing that just as much as you hated reading it).

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

It is possible that already bugged Sims might stay with the smoke despite the fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (2,511 Views)

All Replies

Re: stinky toddler

Hero
@Danred1992 Did you try resetting the toddler or travel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (12,242 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi! Yes, I did both. I've tried resetting her and travelling to another location with her but it's still the same. I used cheat to make her happy automatically but the stinky smoke is still there. I also tried changing her to a child but it still stayed with her.
Message 3 of 42 (12,187 Views)

Hero
@Danred1992 Just the green cloud or also the moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 42 (12,172 Views)

Champion

Question: did you start her as a child, or age her up from infant? If aged up from infant, did she have a stinky diaper at the time? Maybe infant diapers and toddler diapers are different?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 5 of 42 (12,160 Views)

★★ Novice

I keep getting what I think is the same thing: on infants animations like the stink waves or the dust cloud will not disappear when the action is finished. I think it happens with other sims too but not as often. This is ever since the infants update.

Message 6 of 42 (12,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Danred1992 Same Problem, seems to be happening since the infant update
Message 7 of 42 (12,116 Views)

Hero
@Awesom3sauce1204 Do you just have the cloud or also the moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 42 (12,073 Views)

Re: Green Smoke doesn't disappear after changing diapers

★★ Novice

Same problem. I have a stinky cloud and a moodlet "from being around stinky infant." I have tried resetting toddler, bathing her, changing diaper, leaving lot, and exiting game. She probably had a stinky diaper when I aged her up (used CAS, full edit mode on to do so) but I don't remember

Message 9 of 42 (11,964 Views)

Re: Green Smoke doesn't disappear after changing diapers

Hero
@RadialOmens Does the toddler itself also have a moodlet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 42 (11,948 Views)