Re: After update, I cannot give serving to toddler in high chair

by BeeMan0312

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Grab Serving For Toddler Isn't Working (Highchair and otherwise)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Strangerville, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Kids Room, Backyard, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct sim to "grab a serving" for a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will grab a plate, wave arms and get the "I can't do that" thought bubble, then put the plate down.
What do you expect to see? Sims should grab a serving for a toddler and give it to the toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This began happening after the 23 March update.

I removed mods / cc and deleted the localthumbcache file.  Then started a new game with a different family.  Whether the toddler is in a high chair or not, sims do not complete the "grab serving" for toddler action.  The toddler is able to grab a serving and will also eat from an existing plate; i.e. a serving that is on a counter.  I was playing a household yesterday, 22 March, and did not have this issue.

Edit: Sims are able to give food from the high chair interactions; i.e. cereal, peas, etc.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag, removed duplicate templates

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 1 of 23 (10,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [LAUNDRY LIST] Grab Serving For Toddler Isn't Working (Highchair and otherwi

Hero

• Sims deliver food reliably to toddlers via the “Grab Serving for <toddler>” interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (2,636 Views)

All Replies

After update, I cannot give serving to toddler in high chair

★★★ Novice

I play Sims 4 with mods and have been able to give a serving to my toddler in his high chair, but after yesterday's update, I cannot do it.  The parents give the something's in the way blocking symbol and cannot put the food down on the high chair.  I can give the toddler the food offered by the high chair food list, but not a serving that is cooked for the parents.  I tried to repair the game and even bought a new high chair, but its still a problem.  Please help!

Message 2 of 23 (10,359 Views)

@BeeMan0312  Please test with no mods at all, and a new high chair if necessary.  You can use a backup copy of your save: choose "save as" and rename the save, and the original will stay intact while you experiment on the backup.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 23 (10,325 Views)

★★★ Novice

I appreciate your response, Puzzlezaddict, and will try it later tonight when I'm home from work.  However, I was able to do all of this with mods and now cannot do it after the patch update so I really need the mods to work like before and not play Sims without mods as that would not be a good experience.

Message 4 of 23 (10,314 Views)

@BeeMan0312  I understand, and I'm not suggesting you play without mods going forward.  But one or more of your mods may be incompatible with the newest patch.  If you play with zero mods and the problem is gone, then you can start adding them back and testing.

Once you know which mod is the issue, if it is in fact caused by a mod, you can look for an update, or if there isn't one, you'll need to remove it to get the interaction back.  But there's no reason to ditch the working mods.

Message 5 of 23 (10,294 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really appreciate your help, Puzzlezaddict, and tried your suggestion.  I disabled mods and was not able to provide a meal serving to my toddler in his high chair.  I don't know why I was able to do this with mods prior to the patch update and now cannot even with mods disabled like you suggested.  I will have to reach out to EA technical support as I really want this to work and I want to use my mods.  Again, thank you so much for your time and attention to this matter.

Message 6 of 23 (10,282 Views)

@BeeMan0312  I've since read another report of this issue, also from someone who had mods but removed them to test.  That user made a bug report, if you want to post and click Me Too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grab-Serving-For-Toddler-Isn-t-Working/m-p/10188532

I'd be interested to know whether a new save is affected too, just for comparison's sake.

Message 7 of 23 (10,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, again, Puzzlezaddict!  I clicked the "Me Too" and I really hope I can get this bug fixed!

Message 8 of 23 (10,256 Views)

Hero
@BeeMan0312 I merged your posts. I have tested this and see the same

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (10,240 Views)

pc highchair

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but the new kits, journey to Batuu and Paranormal Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any highchair, Put toddler in chair and try to give food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims is unable to give food to toddler. routing issue. doesn't matter where the chair is placed.
What do you expect to see? The sims to be able to give the toddler food in the highchair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please find the videos at my one drive. https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6VyXM1MlSpjUWpA875gegZl3A4?e=zkmvi1

Message 10 of 23 (10,236 Views)