Re: Sims 4: Cottage Living Lag Glitch (with empty households)

by pastaarms

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game creating tons empty households

★★★ Apprentice
@bubonickitten In my case I didn't even visit the 50x40 lot, I started on 1 Cobblebottom Street, there's people saying the problem might be the wild fox trait which is built in in both of these lots
Message 101 of 413 (995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

... Today I put a new sim in a completely new game. I'm avoiding Henford now and play in Brindleton instead.
I built stables and added animals (lama, chicken), I activated the rural landscape challenge, I let my sim travel to Oasis Spring.
The save game size is still normal and no extra empty households have appeared.

Tomorrow I'll let him travel to Henford and see what happens....

By the way: I tried opening old saves, but all the houses I built are not there anymore!  The save files can still be found in the folder, I wonder why this is not working.

Message 102 of 413 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ChicaChocy wrote:

... Today I put a new sim in a completely new game. I'm avoiding Henford now and play in Brindleton instead.
I built stables and added animals (lama, chicken), I activated the rural landscape challenge, I let my sim travel to Oasis Spring.
The save game size is still normal and no extra empty households have appeared.

Tomorrow I'll let him travel to Henford and see what happens....

By the way: I tried opening old saves, but all the houses I built are not there anymore!  The save files can still be found in the folder, I wonder why this is not working.

visiting henford should not be an issue (i have had 0 issues travelling to henford lots) it's only LIVING in henford that seems to cause this particular glitch. happy simming!

Message 103 of 413 (956 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ChicaChocy wrote:

I started in Henford with an existing sim on a smaller lot and have experienced the same problems.

When I do not start with the saved old game, but with a completely new one, the problems are gone - but I guess only until I exit and enter again 2-3 times (that's when it used to get worse).
Maybe it helps to avoid travelling?  (That was when I thought my problems started.)

travelling should not give you any issues. try saving the household and/or lot to your library. then, start a new game. in CAS you can import the family you made from your library and move them into a lot that's NOT in henford on bagley (i chose windenburg bc it has similar ~vibes~,) place the build you made (using money cheats if needed,) and voila, start fresh with your sims and your build.

this is the only solution i have found that actually works. because the sims are saved to your library, they should still have their skills from your old save, but the inventory will be wiped clean. everything else should work fine, though you'll have to rebuild (or cheat) relationships again. like i said previously, i've had no issues with travelling, saving, or any lag whatsoever. happy simming!

Message 104 of 413 (954 Views)

Re: Game creating tons empty households

★★★★ Novice

@keekee53 wrote:

@Kita5399  You are probably right then, might be another bug.  I’m going bananas trying to figure this out lol.  I hate to start a new save.  I have been playing it forever.

try saving the household and/or lot to your library. then, start a new game. in CAS you can import the family you made from your library and move them into a lot that's NOT in henford on bagley (i chose windenburg bc it has similar ~vibes~,) place the build you made (using money cheats if needed,) and voila, start fresh with your sims and your build.

this is the only solution i have found that actually works. because the sims are saved to your library, they should still have their skills from your old save, but the inventory will be wiped clean. everything else should work fine, though you'll have to rebuild (or cheat) relationships again. like i said previously, i've had no issues with travelling, saving, or any lag whatsoever. happy simming!

Message 105 of 413 (954 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims 4: Cottage Living Lag Glitch (with empty households)

★★★★ Novice

@RoseaLupum wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Base Game (Origin). Expansion Packs: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape. Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires. Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a new game or load a previous save, move a Sim into Henford-On-Bagley, play for a certain amount of time. I find often travelling triggers it to happen but am unsure if that's simply because it's more noticeable on loading screens.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game takes 10+ minutes to load, sat on a loading screen - once the household has loaded, it will then freeze for around three minutes, with Build/Buy, Save, Manage World etc. not selectable. Sims will not perform actions, will instead freeze in place and idly animate or sometimes just freeze (the plumbob will still rotate and the mouse is moveable). The in-game timer will not move during this period. Clicking on items does not work, options do not come up and the mouse does not change to indicate they are selectable.
What do you expect to see? A standard, playable Sims game without minute-long lag spikes, random stuttering etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Cottage Living and began to play it.

I've run a fresh install with no mods, cleared my caches, turned off Wild Foxes (another thread implied it could be that), reinstalled MCCC to delete culled Sims. I'm having the 'thousands of empty households' glitch, although only when my Sims have moved into Henford, but the game is now still lagging even on other worlds, although not quite to the extent of a household living in Henford. I'm also having Build/Buy mode graphical errors (floor tiles placed disappear and only reappear when hovered over). It is literally unplayable right now.

try saving the household and/or lot to your library. then, start a new game. in CAS you can import the family you made from your library and move them into a lot that's NOT in henford on bagley (i chose windenburg bc it has similar ~vibes~,) place the build you made (using money cheats if needed,) and voila, start fresh with your sims and your build.

Message 106 of 413 (955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"visiting henford should not be an issue (i have had 0 issues travelling to henford lots) it's only LIVING in henford that seems to cause this particular glitch. happy simming!"

My Sims have never lived in Henford, only visited, and this bug is very much alive in my game.

Message 107 of 413 (859 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm very convinced like some others that the issue is playing a household in Henford, for whatever reason. This is based on my playthrough where I've left the neighbourhood strictly as a visiting location for now. 

Did some testing after reloading a previous save and I haven't had the lag / slowdown that I experienced last time due to not moving a household into Henford or playing a family in that neighbourhood. I've had my sims visit every lot to check and no problems there either, even the large empty one people mentioned. I've noticed more blank households generated but not to the extent that it bloated my save like last time. Could be related to the Foxes issue but I'll keep testing. 

Message 108 of 413 (842 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Jooleeyuh wrote:

"visiting henford should not be an issue (i have had 0 issues travelling to henford lots) it's only LIVING in henford that seems to cause this particular glitch. happy simming!"

My Sims have never lived in Henford, only visited, and this bug is very much alive in my game.

have you updated mods? cleared your origin cache? started a new save? updated your graphics drivers? sorry you're having troubles!

Message 109 of 413 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@im_JoelSFI've never played a household living in Henford; my problems began, in two different saves, when I had Sims visit Henford.

Message 110 of 413 (1,036 Views)