[FIXED] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by generuler4

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

★ Apprentice
@amandalynnz Yes, exactly! For more than 2 months I can't place a retail store with mannequins ... I am currently building a new world and that is such a big stop for me, it makes me wanna quit playing ... And they don't even address the issue, like it's something that doesn't exist ... They didn't even say whether they are working on fixing it or not ... I am also that close to stop playing it until it's fixed.
Message 51 of 169 (1,427 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tried to duplicate this issue in my vanilla game with all packs but so far with no effect. I placed a self-built ready-to play department store (Town Life Mall in my gallery) full of dressed mannequins in several worlds in build mode and map view and it didn't crash. Perhaps just luck.

Message 52 of 169 (1,375 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe it's a luck, because I tried with several lots that don't have any cc and the game still crashes. I can place other lots though, which don't contain mannequins. 

Message 53 of 169 (1,358 Views)

Re: Game Crashing when Placing Retails

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictI’m having the same issue. Today, I tried placing down a lot that I had created a few months ago and it crashed my game. I tested it twice and the result was the same. It’s a retail lot for kids. It has child mannequins, books, toys, electronics and some furniture on the lot. It’s completely cc free. I placed another lot down that was not a clothing/retail store. It was a cafe and it worked fine. I haven’t tested other retail lots yet.

Message 54 of 169 (1,340 Views)

★ Apprentice
@alanmichael1 You are right. I downloaded your lot from the gallery and placed it successfully. Also I tried a couple of other ones, smaller ones, which also didn't crash the game. But some other lots from the gallery, without any cc, marked as retail stores with mannequins, still crashed my game. So apparently not all lots with mannequins causes the game to crash and now I wonder what is the reason for that. Everything is so strange ...
Message 55 of 169 (1,290 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As has been pointed out by others many of the gallery retail stores with mannequins crash the game now. I've even tried saving the default stores from Magnolia Promenade and then placing them again and still the game crashes. I've no idea when this all started but still very disappointed at how little EA seem to care about fixing these sort of game breaking bugs Frown

Message 56 of 169 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@sakurawolff Does it perhaps make a difference if the retail lot is ready to play (been bought by a Sim and all goods set for sale before uploading to the gallery) or not?
Message 57 of 169 (1,187 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 58 of 169 (1,162 Views)

★ Apprentice
@alanmichael1 I don't think it's matter. Most of the lots still crash. Only a number of them can be placed successfully. But as @littlerustyscrew said even the default ones from Magnolia Promenade crash... It's a shame really that no one from EA is doing anything about it for so long and they don't even comment about this issue.
Message 59 of 169 (1,429 Views)

Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Had the same thing happen to me. I removed my mods folder entirely, also. I tried to place a lot from the gallery on the Plumbob Pictures Museum lot in Del Sol Valley. Did with Sims visiting the lot and by going into manage worlds. Crashed both times. Really hope this gets some attention.

@LyssSimpatico Looks like it is also happening to Museum lots, too.

[CM - merged consecutive posts]

Message 60 of 169 (1,143 Views)