[FIXED] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

by generuler4

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game Crashing when Placing Retails/Lots with mannequins

★ Guide

Still an issue. Happens with premade lots from the GTW pack too. 

Message 91 of 169 (1,262 Views)

Message 92 of 169 (1,134 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this is the only time ive ever used this forum. its been like 5 months and its still not fixed what the heck

Message 93 of 169 (1,030 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I managed to place a retail lot with two mannequins on it. Alright, everything seemed to work until my male sim tried to buy the premade outfit that one of the mannequins was wearing.

Yeah, my game crashed once again. End of the story. 🥴

Message 94 of 169 (1,024 Views)

★★ Pro
@boom0katz There are bugs in this game that have been there for years. "Standard smile" But yeah I'd be happy to see this one fixed too. And the Get Together bugs that have existed for some years.
Message 95 of 169 (994 Views)

Re: Game crashes when placing a lot from gallery

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was having the same issue with retail lots,  but only if it had any dressed mannequins in the lot.  I have found one solution easier than the other ones mentioned about disabling GTW. The crash only occurs with lots placed from the gallery.  Any lots downloaded first and saved to your library doesn't seem to be affected, but I will add i tested this twice. 

Once while placing the lot from the world view,  which still caused the crashed. 

However,  when I went into build mode and placed the same lot I downloaded it placed just fine, no crashes,  dressed mannequins and all.

That's what I have found worked till EA fixes this annoying glitch.

Message 96 of 169 (859 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, wonder when this issue will be fixed or if at all. As I have a bunch of Retails and a Nightclub with dressed-up Mannequins...(game crashes with dressed-up ones). Always forget and I try to place them than realizing the game is crashing again and I think to myself shoot this issue is still not fixed! Cannot place my own builds. This is actually sad that this issue is not fixed yet - this bug is since a while around. Tried all options nothing is working for me. My only hope is that EA is going to address this bug and fix it we used to be able to download lots with dressed-up mannequins. 

Message 97 of 169 (816 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I actually forgot this was a known issue until I tried to place in a new retail lot ski shop in Mt Komorebi; turns out it has mannequins in the build...*sigh*

Message 98 of 169 (800 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yup. Same issue here. Tried to place a an edited Magnolia Promenade from my gallery, and it crashed. Pretty sure it has mannequins in it as it was the roadstead building. Too bad. I had edited to have a movie theatre, bowling alley, etc. 

Message 99 of 169 (733 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to chip in and say I'm still getting this issue as well, I built a new shop in Magnolia Promenade and saved it to my gallery with undressed mannequins, I ended up getting last exception errors when in live mode with it, so I built another one in a different save and saved it to my gallery again and tried to place it in build mode only for the game to crash to desktop without any error messages.

Both shops I made were 20x20 lots so could fit in either JF&S Clothiers or Paddywacks Emporium and they both had CC.

Message 100 of 169 (691 Views)