Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Freezer/warmer broken

★★★ Pro

This is what the lesson in the game says:

Spoiler
Screenshot 2016-03-24 11.03.11.png

My freezer is full as you can see from the picture:

Spoiler
03-24-16_11-17-42 AM.png

This is what happens in game when my Sim tries to make a purchase when I play them:

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Message 11 of 24 (3,469 Views)

★★ Apprentice

An update. I made a new retail store and placed and stocked the LIcecold Freezer. Yes, my customers did buy items from the freezer. So the freezer does work on my owned lots. But the graphics are not fixed - even though the freezer is fully stocked, it still looks empty. On unowned lots, my sims cannot purchase from the freezer at all. They just shrug and walk away. My game is fully patched except for the very latest (Easter) patch and I have no mods that I can think of that could interfere with the freezer. To be sure, though, I tried starting a new game and playing with mods disabled. It makes no difference.

Message 12 of 24 (3,452 Views)

Hero

@canelacaliente made a post for the freezer not shown as full here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Retail-Freezer-Warmer-Dosen-t-Change-to-S...

Best to add your voice there.

As for the warmer, I'm unsure if it works at all. For me, it acts like a normal fridge, where Sims get food (including my own) and just eat it without ever paying for it.

Might be a mod conflict so if anyone has an opinion on how the warmer is supposed to work, let me know (that is for when I run the store). Freezer works fine if owned for me, they buy stuff from it. Just not for the warmer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 24 (3,443 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict, I haven't run a store yet but if you go back a page to the post from @Simalleyaile there is a link to a post on the forum written by him/her.  If I'm understanding it correctly, the warming rack is strictly for storage and sims can't purchase from it.  Don't know if that is how the devs intended the warmer to work, or if not being able to purchase from it is a bug, but looks like it has been that way since at least the time of that post in 2015. 

Message 14 of 24 (3,433 Views)

Hero

Yeah, I don't know either but then why should it work differently when you're not playing it ? I've never been to a Store that didn't belong to me that had one.

Can you buy from normal fridges when you're not playing them ?

What's the point of having a warmer if you can't sell your stuff from it ? I thought it worked the same way the freezer does ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 24 (3,431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My problem with the freezer is this. In a retail owned by one of my sims who put veggies for sale in the freezer NPCs will open the freezer but my active Sim, the one I am playing with and that is now the owner of the store will not open the freezer it will simply look at it and the action will be deleted.

Message 16 of 24 (3,407 Views)

Hero

That's the issue everyone is having

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (3,402 Views)

Re: GTW freezer/warmer broken

★★ Novice

I have this problem too.

My clients can purchase from the freezer, but it never appears full, and I can never purchase the items stored in it while playing other sims.

So the gameplay is fine as long as I'm the store owner, but when I play as a CLIENT, it's completely broken.

I can confirm that the previous bug has been repaired - not beeing able to SELL from the freezer, but this is something different. Just as annoying, since I made my grocery store for a good reason :<

Message 18 of 24 (3,367 Views)

Hero

• Sims can now purchase items from the Lice Cold Freezer when visiting an NPCs Retail lot.

I doubt they fixed the not showing as full so if that is a major issue still, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 24 (6,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I didn't realize this issue was supposedly fixed in a previous patch, because it's broken in my game. It was working fine and then after one of the patches it no longer works.

Whenever I try to buy from a lice freezer on an NPC owned lot, the action fails. The sim waves like something is in the way. But as long as the lot is owned by someone, anyone other than NPC, the freezer works. 

This is in a long-running game. I don't remember if I ever tested a new game.

Message 20 of 24 (3,140 Views)