Re: GTW freezer/warmer broken

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Freezer/warmer broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The warmer/freezer from GTW are still broken in the game. The retail owner can put food items in them but when I switch to another household visitng this retail as NPC run retail , my sims are unable to buy anything from the freezer/warmer.

Message 1 of 24 (4,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

• Sims can now purchase items from the Lice Cold Freezer when visiting an NPCs Retail lot.

I doubt they fixed the not showing as full so if that is a major issue still, please open a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 24 (6,579 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] GTW freezer/warmer broken

★ Apprentice
I'm so sad this didn't get fixed too!! :-(
Message 2 of 24 (4,151 Views)

Hero

This is only when you're not actively playing the lot, right ?

So if your active family runs the store, they can buy stuff fine ?

@jimbbq1

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (4,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I think the problem is mainly when my active sims are shopping in NPR run retails . I haven't tested if NPC customers can buy stuff from the freezer or warmer when my sims are running the store .
Message 4 of 24 (4,125 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah that's the problem. Taking another household to a retail lot to buy from the freezer still doesn't work.

Message 5 of 24 (4,113 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict - I've posted a link that may hopefully ! be of some use to understand the situation.  It explains what we used to be able to do with the Lice Fridge, and now, cannot.    Now, when clicking on the 'Purchase From Display', the sims will do a little animation of looking into the fridge, and then their que to make the purchase simply drops out.  The pic in this thread will show you what should happen next (scroll about half way down.)

Using the Lice Fridge for Community Lots

I hope this is of help in sorting out the problem.  Would love to have this function return.

Message 6 of 24 (4,073 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would just like to add that, in addition to the above, the graphic state of the freezer no longer changes so that it looks full when food items are stored in it. 

Message 7 of 24 (3,969 Views)

Hero

Only when you go to a lot you don't own or also on your own retail lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (3,967 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The problem with the graphic state occurs on both owned and unowned lots. Oddly enough, the freezers I placed and filled on the retail lots that I created before GT still show as "full", but none that I have placed and filled since show up as "full".

The problem with being unable to buy also occurs on both owned and unowned lots in my game. My sims cannot purchase from the freezer when they visit a lot and, on lots owned by my sims, their customers will browse the freezer, but can't/won't purchase any goods from it.

Message 9 of 24 (3,925 Views)

Hero

The freezer not working on owned lots has been fixed a while ago.

Is your game fully updated ? Can you try a new game ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (3,917 Views)