Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Doctor Career: Surgery Animation broken/T_Posing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddlers, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Bust the Dust.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim be a surgeon in the Doctor Career and assess collapsed sim, or take a pregnant sim to the surgery table.
What happens when the bug occurs? It had me giggling. So the Doctor Sim takes the Patient to the surgery table and the sim flips around out of the table, through the doctor sim. As my surgery table is close to a wall, my patient sims end up through walls. As the patient does this, the Doctor sim stands in a T pose as if it's resetting. Also, patient sim gets up out of surgery table to dislike decor.
What do you expect to see? I expect the patient to stay in the surgery table until the doctor has completed surgery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent patch that gave us rivers/ponds pre cottage living. It was working fine beforehand.

I made a screenshot and video and posted it to my facebook page for all things sims.  The screenshot is the original post and you will find the video in the comments section.  Here is the link. 

https://www.facebook.com/FrozenWillow/posts/2601469653496237

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 162 (25,453 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glitchy hospital birth

Hero

No more goofing off on the job - Doctors no longer T-pose while performing surgery.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.186/1.63

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 162 of 162 (3,800 Views)

All Replies

Re: Patient goes through the wall when Doctor sim tries to operate - BUG

[ Edited ]
Hero

@FrozenWillow1980 Would you mind uploading your picture to the AHQ directly. For the video it's best if you post it somewhere public that doesn't require a log-in like unlisted youtube (videos uploaded here are insanely small unfortunately) ? Permission/logging in to face book is needed to see your link.. It's best to post all information you have in the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 162 (25,389 Views)

Re: [GTW] Patient goes through the wall when Doctor sim tries to operate

★★★ Guide

I am also having this problem! 🤣 I even posted a video of this event on twitter for SimGuruNick (https://twitter.com/JMoon_gamer/status/1418948647962677248). Thankfully it's not just me and there are more people seeing the same animation error!

Message 3 of 162 (25,365 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm putting two pictures of the animation error reported.snapshot.pngsnapshot1.png

Message 4 of 162 (25,360 Views)

Hero
@JMoon_gamer Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 162 (25,344 Views)

Sims 4 surgery station animations broken

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever is current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions/packs/etc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Doctor job. Operation table not aminating properly and Sims glitch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Active Sim does T pose just after the surgery begins and the patient glitches in and out of surgery station. The station animations do not happen.
What do you expect to see? I expect the table, my sim, and the patient to do what they normally do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed cottage living and updated to most recent version.

I have none

Message 6 of 162 (25,238 Views)

Re: Patient goes through the wall when Doctor sim tries to operate - BUG

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you I will do that just now Standard smile

Here is the screenshot although I cannot send a video.  That's in my link.  Sims devs - some of us still like to play with the old packs Standard smile

sims1.PNG

I added a video to my channel on youtube.  I am fine with it being public. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7NZRHhl7_c  

@JMoon_gamer Thank you. I have just done the same.

Message 7 of 162 (25,287 Views)

★★★ Guide
@FrozenWillow198 0 Truth! They add more and more packages and forget that they have the old ones that need to be revised from time to time...it accumulates a lot of bugs! I have characters for each career, I play with them all, but the older ones are going to see some problems. In addition to a medical career, there is a detective career where I find problems with suspects... Developers please don't forget the old packages!
Message 8 of 162 (25,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Crin? Also included in the Get To Work animation glitches is a weird one from the scientist career involving the invention constructor. (I haven't seen a thread for that yet, so I'm saying something here.)

What's going on with the Invention Constructor is that the holographic thing appears in the wrong place, and then there's NOTHING from the robot, and the invention in question (whatever it happens to be) appears out of thin air. I was playing with no mods the first time this happened, and I have all the packs except Cottage Living, Dream Home Decorator, Bust The Dust, the Courtyard Stuff Pack, and Country Kitchen.

Message 9 of 162 (25,192 Views)

Champion
@ThyEndlessWait it's probably best to keep this thread exclusively about issues with the Doctor career and the surgery table. For the invention constructor in the scientist career, add a "me too" on this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Invention-Constructor-animation-displaying-over-sim/m-p/10...
Message 10 of 162 (25,161 Views)