Re: Maid cleans my shop instead of my house.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] [DO] Serivce NPC appearing at business venue

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After installing the latest patch I decided to give the maid a try again.  While at home in the evening I had my Sim hire the maid service.  The next day she went to work at her bakery.  While there, the maid showed up and proceeded to throw away all of her baked goods none of which were spoiled, and then just stood there until I dismissed him.   As far as I can tell, the maid never went to clean the home.  It seems as if the maid will only go where the Sim is and once there still not do the job unless throwing out food that is not spoiled counts.

Message 1 of 24 (4,133 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Take your butler to work day

Hero

• Butlers will no longer appear on retail lots when they should be at home... butler’izing.

I'm cautiously marking this as solved as I'm hoping it goes for all serviceNPCs

Taking feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (3,174 Views)

All Replies

Re: About the maid

Hero

Just to be sure: She showed up at your bakery (Retail lot) instead of your house ?

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (4,020 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin, 

Yes, she showed up at my retail lot in Magnolia Promenade .  The only thing she did was throw away all of her baked goods none of which were spoiled and stood there until I dismissed him.

I do not use any mods.

Thanks

Message 3 of 24 (4,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds swell. I wonder if that was an issue before that no one noticed cause no one hired the useless maid Standard smile

I'll add tomorrow. Also changed your title a bit to better reflect the issue

@Jan_831

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (4,002 Views)

Maid cleans my shop instead of my house.

[ Edited ]

I hired a maid and everything worked ok. She cleaned the house even when I was out, but since 2 or 3 days ago the maid cleans my shop instead of cleaning my house. I re-hired the service but the problem persists. Any advice? It is a known problem?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 5 of 24 (3,992 Views)

Message 6 of 24 (3,989 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Message 7 of 24 (3,985 Views)

@videos2games it's an known bug. I asked for the topic to be moved :womanwink:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 24 (3,981 Views)

Hero

@fons_garmo @Phantomlover1717 @videos2games

Thanks

Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (3,970 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The maids have had a bad habit lately of throwing away food that's just been made. I didn't get a video, but did manage to grab a screenshot (keeps happening if I don't put food away manually or have one of my sims put food away)

Maid throwing away freshly made food.

In screenshot/this particular instance, she picked up food from table, came and sat on toilet, and proceeded to take it to the trash bin (as one can see by her thought bubble).

Message 10 of 24 (3,786 Views)