Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Chemical Analyzer missing from buy mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all game packs; Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build Mode > Objects by Function > Activities and Skills > Knowledge
What happens when the bug occurs? The Chemical Analyzer is missing from the list without cheats. With bb.showhiddenobjects enabled, six separate versions of the analyzer, each a different color (and with no color picker), become visible. They function as expected when placed, as does the one already on the scientist job lot. They cannot be copied with the eyedropper tool.
What do you expect to see? The Chemical Analyzer should be purchasable normally, and it should be a single object with multiple color swatches.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.50.67.1020

No cheats:

No cheats

Hidden objects visible:

Hidden objects visible

Save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dAtJtsfut5N8m-VglgjmkiQBLKJgcPMQ

Message 1 of 24 (12,529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Chemical Analyzer missing from buy mode

Hero

The “Chemical Analyzer” object can now be purchased from Build Mode without having to use a cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (9,489 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Chemical Analyzer missing from buy mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too. I had played a save just before the last patch and the chemical analyzer was definitely in buy/build as it should be

Message 2 of 24 (12,364 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Just confirmed this on my own file as well; took me having to use bb.showhiddenobjects to reveal it. I'm willing to bet it's something to do with preparation for StrangerVille, especially with other things relating to Science being affected in weird ways, too.

Thank you for bringing this to the community's attention.

- B
Message 3 of 24 (12,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Chemical analyiser will only show up in buy mode for though that have Get To Work, or a pack that requires it, you can find it in the all items category.

Message 4 of 24 (12,335 Views)

Hero
Did you check your game ? It seems it's not anymore.

OP does have the pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (12,330 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It is under activities and skills and is a unlockable item from level 4 of the science career.  I don't understand even though it says its unlockable for just the science career the other GTW careers unlock it at some point too.

version 1.50.67.1020.

I think they temporary took it out of build/buy catalog to to update it for the strangervillie game pack.

Message 6 of 24 (12,325 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's the Chemistry Lab that unlocks at level 4, which is used for crafting serums. The Chemical Analyzer is the one that "analyzes" crystals, metal, elements, DNA, and plants, and before the update, it was available without being part of the scientist career. (You can see the chem lab locked in my screenshots in the OP as well.)

Message 7 of 24 (12,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yes, I know what you mean now I think the Chemical Analyzer was removed from the buy build catalog after Jungle Adventure game pack because it preforms no real purpose, because the archology table took over the job of what that did with Get to Work.  It might still be in build and buy for though that don't have Jungle Adventure so you can collect all the get to work stuff.  Or they could be updating it so that it provides archeology skill when using it.  Why would you want to use it to analyze crystals when you can use the archology table and gain some skill points.  I got everything out of the archology table that I got from the chemical Analyzer, which don't provide skill.

Edit: I forgot to add the very specific job related tasks from the science career, detective career and medical career, so maybe its just a career object now.

Edit2: It may be a get to work career reward item as well as a Gardening skill reward object, because my sim that has one in their house was in the medical career.

Message 8 of 24 (12,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9 : Really? I never knew that. (I don't have Jungle Adventure yet, by the way. Nor have I patched my game yet, also.)

Message 9 of 24 (12,271 Views)

Get To Work: Chemical Analyzer missing from build mode

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, so I have the Get To Work expansion pack installed and my sim is in the detective career and was recently promoted. However upon returning to the home lot after their shift a pop-up appeared telling me that an item was removed from build mode saying that it's because I don't have the content installed or my account does not have it installed. As I said, I do have the expansion pack installed but when I checked the build mode, I could not find the chemical analyzer anymore. I'm not sure if the chemical analyzer was supposed to be there in build mode to begin with or did the game just deleted it from build mode for no reason? Interestingly, even though I could not find the analyzer in build mode it is still present in the work lots like the police station. This issue is very confusing for me. It would be great if someone were to help me with this issue if it wouldn't be that much trouble. Thanks. Confused

Message 10 of 24 (12,268 Views)