Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GT] [JA] Napping in Bush causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Buy one of the bushes from Jungle Adventure or Get Together that allow you to nap/woohoo/pee or check the existing ones placed in the worlds. 2. Choose Nap on the bush
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims wave and get a routing failure as if they can't reach it. The other options (haven't tested woohoo though) seem to work fine.
What do you expect to see? Sim napping in the bush
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

See pic:

Bild_2021-07-29_132115.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 11 (3,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [GT] [JA] Napping in Bush causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• Why shouldn’t Sims be able to nap in a bush that’s been… partied in? We couldn’t think of a good reason, so we fixed it! Sweet dreams.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,300 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GT] [JA] Napping in Bush causes routing failure

Champion

I also tested napping in the bushes at the ancient ruins and they route failed just like in your picture.

I'm pretty sure it was working pre July patches, because I remember playing and having one of my sims autonomously go nap in a bush, like a week ago.

Message 2 of 11 (3,593 Views)

SIMS CAN'T NAP IN PEE BUSH

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? NO MODS OR CC All except Vampires, Realm of Magic and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims cannot use the PEE BUSH to nap in..
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims gives the can't get there icon above their head. I tried this in Windenburg with a pre-made sim and a pre-made lot and it was the same. They can pee in the pee bush, they can't nap in them.
What do you expect to see? That a sim can nap in the pee bush.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 27th patch

My sims can't use any of the pee bushes to nap in.

Message 3 of 11 (3,526 Views)

Re: SIMS CAN'T NAP IN PEE BUSH

★★ Guide

as of latest september patch this is still an issue apparently, just discovered it tonight.

Message 4 of 11 (3,275 Views)

Sims route fail trying to sleep in a bush

★★ Apprentice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work. Game Packs: Realm Of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff Packs: Nifty Knitting, Moschino, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout. Kits: I don't own any.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down the "Open Air Natural Toilet" from Jungle Adventure, "The Anything Goes Party Bush" from Get Together, "The Duty Calls Model Citizen Bush" from Get Together, and try to make a sim sleep in the bush. They will route fail.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will route fail when trying to sleep in the bushes that came with Jungle Adventure and Get Together.
What do you expect to see? I expect for sims to sleep in the bush, but they keep route failing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtcbFv25K89hgYYc0sikwMo5NQtA8A
Video showcasing sims route failing when trying to nap in the bushes from Jungle Adventure and Get Together. 

Message 5 of 11 (3,174 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GT] [JA] Napping in Bush causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI was just playing in Selvadorada and none of the bushes there were working for napping either. i havent tried the get together ones though

Message 6 of 11 (3,095 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't had much time to play since buying Cottage Living, but upon hearing about this bug, I thought I'd check it out. Sure enough, my Sim could fertilize the bushes, but not nap in them. I know it still worked prior to having Cottage Living.

Packs I own

Expansions: City Living, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Cottage Living 

Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa day, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic 

Stuff packs: Spooky, Romantic Garden, Backyard, Laundry day, Tiny Living, Perfect Patio 

Kits: Country Kitchen and Industrial Loft.

Message 7 of 11 (3,017 Views)

★ Guide
Got Cottage Living recently and tested this out. Doesn’t work still, and I’m on console so no mods. Had issues prior to Cottage Living, too, but the bug is more consistent now. Tried multiple lots in Henford, Evergreen Harbor, and Windenburg. Flattened terrain, moved all other objects and tried multiple bushes.
Message 8 of 11 (2,762 Views)

Can't Nap in bushes

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Digital Upgrade Content, Vampires, Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Holiday Celebration Pack, Life of the Party Digital Content, Up all night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a bush anywhere and have a sims try to nap in It
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim just can't get in the bush to sleep
What do you expect to see? The sim get in the bush and sleep
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

The sim will raise is hand and start waving as if the pathfinding broke. This will happen in anyworld.

Message 9 of 11 (2,558 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue with just the Selvadorada bushes.  I haven't had the game long, so I just thought it was part of the challenge with exploration.  Then I realized while playing last no\ight that the option wouldn't appear if it was an option and they wouldn't be place everywhere.  My sims are also having routing issues even to fertilize to the bushes.  They want to travel back to bathrooms.

Message 10 of 11 (2,056 Views)