Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GRO] Study Numbers toddler milestone can't be completed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, all Game Packs except Werewolves and My Wedding Stories, all Stuff Packs excpet Spooky Stuff. The only kits I have are Bust the Dust and Desert Luxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler and complete the 'Study Shapes' milestone to unlock the next milestone in the Cognitive category.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'Study Numbers' Toddler milestone doesn't show up until after 'Study Letters' is complete (and cannot be completed by learning numbers with an adult before the 'Study Letters' milestone is achieved). The two options for completing 'Study Letters' both require Thinking 5, but the numbers flashcards are only available at levels 3 and 4. Completing the letters milestone therefore makes the numbers one impossible.
What do you expect to see? I think the 'Study Numbers' milestone should come before 'Study Letters' to match the way the Thinking skill actually progresses and allow both milestones to be completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Growing Together

I tested this with various saves, with and without active scenarios, and had the same issue every time. I managed to work around the issue by cheating the Thinking skill back to 4 and using the numbers flashcards, but even then I was only able to clear the milestone when I left testing cheats enabled until the milestone was completed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 19 (16,540 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GRO] Study Numbers toddler milestone can't be completed

Hero

Toddlers will now be able to successfully complete the Studied Numbers milestone.

Fixed in Patch 1.97.42/1.73

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (12,107 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GRO] Study Numbers toddler milestone can't be completed

★★★★★ Novice

The exact same problem occurs with the movement skill

Message 2 of 19 (16,132 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. My toddler can't complete the "learn to run" milestone but he has movement level 5 and has been able to run around for quite some time. 

Message 3 of 19 (15,977 Views)

Hero
@1301f55e3240ee31 Please make a separate thread for other milestones, thanks much.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (15,949 Views)

[GRO] Toddler Cognitive Milestones appearing out of order

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.365.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL PACKS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Within Cognitive Milestones - Toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? The Cognitive Milestone option for a Toddler to "Study Letters" from flash cards or nesting blocks appears after the Toddler has achieved "Studied Shapes", but before the milestone for "Study Numbers". However, with flash cards/nesting blocks, Numbers is the intermediate interaction available (once they've progressed past Shapes but before they've reached Letters), so by the time the toddler has the Thinking skill to achieve the "Studied Letters" milestone, they've lost access to the interactions that would allow them to achieve the "Studied Numbers" milestone.
What do you expect to see? I would expect the order of the milestones to be reversed from how they are currently appearing now, so that "Study Numbers" appears as the next milestone after "Studied Shapes," and then "Study Letters" comes after "Studied Numbers."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've attached a screenshot of  the Toddler Milestones menu in Simology Panel, where you can see that "Study Numbers" became available after my Toddler achieved "Studied Letters"

Message 5 of 19 (15,382 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Odyssey81418 I had to cheat to decrease and increase the relevant skills to get everything done.
Message 6 of 19 (15,344 Views)

★★★ Novice

my toddler won't unlock her second set of milestones won't unlock climb stairs won't unlock learn potty? even though i have maxed all of her skills i have no mods or cc in my game so i don't know what the problem is? helpp

Message 7 of 19 (14,546 Views)

★★ Novice

Same!! Do you use UI Cheats? They're unable to help with this yet, but I hope that'll become possible soon to overcome these bugs

Message 8 of 19 (13,864 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think the issue is related to aging sims up from Infant to Toddler and if you get any bonus skill levels from Top-Notch Infant. Once your sims become a toddler, the milestones are only counting how many times you've leveled up, not what the actual skill level is. So if you start at level 1 and get to level 5, you've only leveled up 4 times in the game's eyes. Not 5. 

I resolved this by cheating my levels down and back up again. I will note, in the case of Communication I had to exit and reenter the game for it to acknowledge the level up the second time.

stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Thinking #

stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Communication #
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Imagination #
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Movement #
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Potty #

Message 9 of 19 (13,600 Views)

★ Guide

Cheating the levels down and then back up again to get numbers worked for my first toddler, but not on my second. She just can't seem to grasp it, no matter how many times I try. I'm on my second cheat down because she maxed out again before getting numbers after the first time. If she doesn't achieve that milestone before getting to 5 again I'm going to have to leave her without it. Can't be stuck in toddler-hood forever.

Message 10 of 19 (13,412 Views)