Re: Makeup Artist Failure Rate Disproportionately High

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [GF] Work and Prep Tasks not completing/progressing

★★★ Novice
Okay so I was able to start getting the interactions to complete by doing them multiple times. It usually take about 3 attempts. But yes, the camera only starts to pan after attempting the hair and make up. I found a work around by saving and exiting to main menu. It won't let me go into build mode since there's an event going on so I couldn't try that. I haven't had this happen with any of the other careers either. Thank you very much for your help Standard smile
Message 131 of 195 (2,324 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched

★ Apprentice
This is happening to me too except I'm on PS4 so there isn't much I can do about it. Get Famous just came out on 1/12/19 for us.
Message 132 of 195 (2,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I can confirm what others are saying. This hasn't always been happening. I can't pinpoint the exact patch this started happening after, but I know that it must have been caused by one of them. When GF first came out, my Sims would always remain seated whenever a failure happened, allowing the artist to try again. But now, whenever they fail, my Sims get out of their seat, and I have to start the whole interaction over again. It's especially infuriating when the makeup artist gets the first part right, only to fail the second part, leading my Sim to get out of their seat and waste even more time.

In fact, I'm actually starting to wonder if the failure rate of the makeup artist is a bug in itself. I've noticed that the failure rate of the makeup artist is disproportionately high compared to that of the costume artist. In all my time playing the acting career, I've only had the costume artist fail once. The makeup artist, however, fails constantly. Does anyone think I should make a thread on this on the off-chance that it actually is a bug?

Message 133 of 195 (2,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I noticed the same — the hair / makeup artist fails almost constantly, but I also noticed as I improved my Sim’s acting skills the hair / makeup artist failed less and less often. Now, at level seven, they never fail. Like you, I don’t know whether or not that is a bug or intentional.
Message 134 of 195 (2,230 Views)

Makeup Artist Failure Rate Disproportionately High

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a Sim in the Actor career. Have them get into costume and makeup.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a HUGE disparity between the failure rates of the costume and makeup artists. The costume artist -rarely- fails, while the makeup artist -constantly- fails.
What do you expect to see? The costume and makeup artists should have about the same failure rate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've made a curious observation. There is a serious disparity in the failure rates of the costume and makeup artists. Throughout all my time playing the Actor career, I've only seen the costume artist fail once. Meanwhile, on the other hand, the makeup artist fails constantly. The only reason I put "often" rather than "every time" is because, even though the makeup artist does continuously fail, they will still sometimes get it all right in one go. This is extremely rare, though. Even before the recent bug which makes Sims get out of their seat when they fail, even when the Sims used to remain seated, the makeup artist's constant failure would still eat up a big chunk of the work day.

I decided to post this as a bug report because it just seems odd to me that the failure rate for the makeup artist is so disproportionately high in comparison to that of the costume artist. Maybe it isn't by design? Maybe makeup artist failure is supposed to be a rare occurrence, like it is for the costume artist? Could we get some confirmation?

Message 135 of 195 (2,210 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hair/make-up never failed for me when the pack was initially released, so it's definitely something that appeared with a patch.

And to be honest, I don't think it makes sense for either of those artists to fail. Logically, they should just do whatever the production team of the gig tells them to do. There is no point in them trying different things unless that job was also a playable career or a skill you could improve, like you can with restaurant employees.

Message 136 of 195 (2,194 Views)

Re: Makeup Artist Failure Rate Disproportionately High

Hero

HI @The_Ratticator 

I merged your post with the hair and makeup issue at this time. There's huge issues with it and I don't think we need a new thread at this time. If one issue gets fixed but not the other, I will split your post again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 137 of 195 (2,190 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm getting exactly the same thing.  Its almost to the point where I just don't even want to try though?  I have had several sims start the career and start hair and makeup as soon as they get on the lot only to still be trying to get hair and makeup done when the time is up and the sim has to go home never having been able to do anything bug get fail hair  and start over again.  If it was possible to do any other part of the job without doing hair and makeup and get it to complete a different way, it'd be different, but when your sim has two tasks to complete, get hair and makeup and chat with co-worker, you have little choice.  If this is intended, and it seems to be because as my sim gets better paying gigs the fails slow down to a stop, then its frustrating and annoying.   It does seem to slow down or stop around acting level 6-8.

Message 138 of 195 (2,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is a pretty serious bug that often makes the Acting career nearly unplayable. The fact that it wasn't addressed in today's patch is a bit concerning to me.

Message 139 of 195 (2,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm debating wether to get the next expansion or hold out until this glitch is fixed! It's been almost 2 and a half months now!
The fact that it's also on the console versions is not good as well.
Message 140 of 195 (1,996 Views)