Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.9.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Lifestyle Brand on the laptop
What happens when the bug occurs? My game crashes.
What do you expect to see? My sim create a lifestyle brand.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No additional info.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 102 (8,634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this after updating to the latest patch?  We believe this should be fixed now.

PC/MAC Version: 1.77.131
Console: Version 1.44

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 99 of 102 (3,461 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

★★ Novice
@RedShampoo01 Same here, but I’m using Mac OS. I’ve never tried to do the whole lifestyle bran thing but this is my first time and it keeps crashing my game.
Message 2 of 102 (8,584 Views)

Hero
@Cruzgirls Do you have any lastCrash.txt files in your doc folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 102 (8,529 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @Cruzgirls 

We'd like to collect more information to help with the investigation of this issue.

Would you be willing to share a couple of files?

-lastCrash.txt in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
-Crash log. To find this: Open Applications/Utilities/Console.app, click Crash Reports, find the one corresponding to Sims 4, right-click, select "Reveal in Finder".

Instructions on how to send files are here. You can send them to me via private message if you prefer.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 102 (8,486 Views)

Re: [GF] Game crashes after Lifestyle Brand

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@RedShampoo01I'm currently playing Sims 4 on the Xbox One, and I tried creating my own lifestyle brand with one of my sims multiple times, and I too have found that trying to "create a Lifestyle Brand" crashes my game: the pattern of the constant crash happens when you "hit create Brand" at the end. This happens even when I have restarted my console a whole bunch of times and with my reloading my save.

Please fix this EA. 

Message 5 of 102 (8,401 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue :/

Message 6 of 102 (8,365 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue, clean install a couple of days ago with no mods.

Message 7 of 102 (8,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem. It crashes right as I click the check mark thing. I'm on PC. I've also done everything to restarting my computer and undownloading and redownloading. I don't use mods at all either.

Message 8 of 102 (8,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Pc. Haven’t cleaned my mods as I see this isn’t gonna be a mods issue. I’ll just put my elderly sims life on hold and hope she doesn’t croak. 🤣

Message 9 of 102 (8,292 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruRitzy I’m having the same issue too, on PC. I can share the lastCrash.txt file if you haven’t received one yet.
Message 10 of 102 (8,217 Views)