[FIXED] [GF] Customer Service NPCs Don't Spawn on Community Lots

by Bearpal64

Original Post

broken restaurant, no options

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not Sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a restaurant and try to rent a table
What happens when the bug occurs? In restaurants I can't rent a table, there is no such option to choose from, workers don't come
What do you expect to see? My sims can enjoy restaurants and meals
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I can't rent a table, there are no employees, the restaurants are broken.

Message 91 of 253 (1,979 Views)

Re: No Serivce NPC’s

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a current bug in the game. There's already a bug report. Hit "me too". https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Customer-Service-NPCs-Don-t-Spawn-on-Community/m...

So far the only workaround is to turn off the "opt out of fame" option in the pack settings under gameplay settings and NPCs should spawn in their job roles in the meantime.

Message 92 of 253 (1,945 Views)

Servers, hosts and Chefs not arriving

★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.12.23
Summarize your bug In my old game save file, Dine out functions are playable. I recently attempted to start a new game file, and when my sims go to a restaurant, no servers, chefs or hosts show up. Ive moved the posts and chef station to be more accessible but nothing changes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? no servers, chefs or hosts arrive
What do you expect to see? For Dine Out functions to work in both game files

Unsure why Dine out is functional in one game save file and not the the new one. Already repaired my game twice

Message 93 of 253 (1,853 Views)

Restaurant Host/Chefs/Waiters don't show up after For Rent

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own none of the stuff packs. I have all expansions packs and all game packs except Werewolves, journey to Batuu and realm of magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have been unable to identify under which circumstances this happens, but once it happens all restaurants in the game break and it cannot be reversed.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sims visit a restaurant, there are no hosts, chefs or waiters to populate it, so there are no options to request a table or do anything really. Not even a mixologist shows up, but if I click on the bar to hire staff it says there is already one hired for this lot (nowhere to be found though). I have tried without any CC/mods. All restaurants in the game have stopped working, in all my neighborhoods. Even tried to bulldoze and place again. They're all thoroughly play-tested and worked perfectly fine before the For Rent pack, so there are definitely no routing issues preventing the staff. Tried also with a new save, and the restaurants worked for a bit. After a few hours of gameplay, restaurants stopped working in the new save too.
What do you expect to see? Restaurants working as expected with a host, waiter(s) and chef(s) showing up when I visit it with my sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Sims 4 For Rent

Message 94 of 253 (1,884 Views)

Re: Restaurant Host/Chefs/Waiters don't show up after For Rent

Hero

I split off some posts into this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CD-GTW-Retail-worker-vets-don-t-spawn-for-owned-business-as/td...

Vet and Retail seem to differ. They have another problem (and I'm unsure at this point if they have the same issue so there might be need for more splitting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 253 (1,830 Views)

Re: Restaurant Host/Chefs/Waiters don't show up after For Rent

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict You're a hero indeed Standard smile Don't know how I missed this thread when searching for my issue. The workaround with unchecking the "Sims opted out of fame" seems to have corrected it. So, thank you so much for pointing me to this thread. Hoping for a real fix soon, because I don't like my sims gaining fame when I don't want them to.
Message 96 of 253 (1,752 Views)

Re: The Mixologist does not appear in community lots

★★★ Novice

@mightyspritesims 

Thanks

Yes I guess it is indeed this bug So the option right now is that the celebrity system must be active in my game?

Message 97 of 253 (1,678 Views)

No Bartender or host

★★ Novice

I have all expansion packs, ever since the update today bartenders and hosts/hostesses are not showing up on lounge, bar, and restaurant lots

Message 98 of 253 (1,662 Views)

Staff not Spawning on community Lots

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

This is a first for me. 

On new saves or existing saves and placing new community lots like restaurants or bars the staff do not spawn.

On existing saves with established community lots the staff spawned.

Customers spawn but no bartenders, chefs, waiters, or hostesses. 

I removed mods, cleared cash, repaired game, created new save and the issue was the same.

This leads me to believe this is a game issue and not a mod or cc issue otherwise it would have worked after I did the above. 

I only know of one other person having this issue and they did the same having the same result as me. 

Any ideas?

Message 99 of 253 (1,664 Views)

Re: Staff not Spawning on community Lots

★★★★ Pro

@4lynlover That's a reported issue. Here's a link to the report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Customer-Service-NPCs-Don-t-Spawn-on-Community/t...

The work around is shown there and it is to make sure that 'Sims Begin Opted Out of Fame' is not checked in your game options (under the Get Famous pack options). 

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 100 of 253 (1,639 Views)