Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Freelancer/Actor/Decorator: No gigs via job panel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select a job with gigs - freelance or DHD.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you click on the gig button in the job panel, the window will not open. You can still select gigs with the telephone.
What do you expect to see? The gig window opening.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the 7/20 patch.

I didn't test actors yet.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag, merged thread with 6 me toos

Message 1 of 124 (9,854 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Freelancer/Actor/Decorator: No gigs via job panel

Hero

• Actors, Decorators, and Freelancers all… Sims in Gig-based careers once again can accept Gigs from the Career panel to earn those precious Simoleons. Make it werrrrk!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.146/1.45

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 122 of 124 (6,889 Views)

All Replies

Can't select new gig in interior designer career

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, pre-ordered Cottage Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Dream Home Decorator, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the careers panel, my sim is level 5 (Building Space Planner) in the interior designer career. Click on the bulletin board icon to try to select a new gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the bulletin board icon to select a new gig, nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I hope to be able to access the gig selection menu to keep playing the career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sims 4 Update 7/20/21

I was playing this morning (with CC) and no bugs were occurring. After I installed the new update I was playing around with the pond tool in build mode without CC enabled. I turn CC back on (no script mods, only CAS and build items) and the bug began occurring. I turn CC off again, exit the game, enter the game and load back into my save and the bug persists. I don't know much about CC or bugs in The Sims, but if this isn't caused by CC I hope it was of help to report it. 

Message 2 of 124 (9,834 Views)

Freelancer gig bug

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, have them get the freelancer job and have them try to get a new gig.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won't let my sim get a new gig when I click the button thats supposed to get me a new gig.
What do you expect to see? It's supposed to pull up a menu asking which gig I want.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. The brand new patch that is right before the Cottage Living pack release.

I tried to have my sim get a new gig and it won't let me. I tried restarting my game and my computer but that didn't work. Then I googled if anyone else had this issue. But since it's a new patch I couldn't find anyone else having this problem. I removed all my old mods but nothing worked. Anyone else having this problem.

Message 3 of 124 (9,838 Views)

Re: Freelancer gig bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Bean2018 Please keep in mind everybody that you can still select gigs with the telephone. So this bug is just a minor annoyance.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Solution disclaimer banner 
Edit by crinrict: Removed solution disclaimer banner

Message 4 of 124 (9,828 Views)

Re: Freelancer gig bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

oh i didnt know that thank you for the reply 

Message 5 of 124 (9,753 Views)

Open Auditions bug

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, star wars, nifty knitting, eco, tiny living, university, realm of magic, Moschino, island, strangerville, get famous, seasons, my first pet, jungle adventure, laundry day, cats and dogs, toddler stuff fitness stuff, parenthood, bowling, vampire, vintage glamour, city living, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie night, dine out, get together, spooky, cool kitchen, spa day, perfect patio, luxury party, get to work, outdoor retreat, and holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sim in the acting career look for open auditions
What happens when the bug occurs? I am trying to get my sim to check open auditions, the button looks as if it is being selected but absolutely nothing happens
What do you expect to see? a list of open auditions
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am trying to get my sims to look for open auditions and they don't seem to be receiving the command 

Message 6 of 124 (9,073 Views)

NO GIGS FOR INTEROR DESIGNER

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? The newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them. Regular, get to work, Island, Eco, City, Famous, etc
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't click on gigs for freelancing Certified Interior designer
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't click on gigs for freelancing Certified Interior designer
What do you expect to see? gigs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help I can't do gigs for Certified Interior Designer. It's the only job I love to do

Message 7 of 124 (9,041 Views)

Re: NO GIGS FOR INTEROR DESIGNER

★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue. I can get a gig by using the phone, but the normal clickable icon in the work panel is not clickable since the update July 20th.

Message 8 of 124 (9,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just chiming in to say, me too. This happened to me. The "check for gigs" in the phone works, but not on the career tab.

Message 9 of 124 (9,000 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@pearlbh Thanks for sharing the workaround to use the phone - I hadn't thought of that, but it works great. :-)
Message 10 of 124 (8,986 Views)