Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] First Person mode is blocked by teeth / skull / hair

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All that have been released.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. Maybe have some more people test on a mac?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I press Ctrl+SHIFT to go into first person mode, I have a hard time seeing things from their perspective because I'm seeing features of their skull in the way.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the game first person as shown in video demonstrations with no skull features obstructing my view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from today, 11/13/18 1.47.49.1220

Mom's POV

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 2.18.01 PM.png

Dad's POV

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 2.18.21 PM.png

Message 1 of 42 (15,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: First Person mode glitched

[ Edited ]
Hero

First Person Camera will no longer show the inside of the Sim's head when using Intel Integrated Graphics.
  • I told my mom that, she called my grandma, and said she was worried about me.

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 42 of 42 (8,105 Views)

All Replies

Re: First Person mode is blocked by teeth / skull / hair

@keroseneheart

I am also on a Mac and am not experiencing this, it is performing as expected. Can you please make sure you moved out your whole Mods folder, then repair the game. If you are still experiencing it please clear the user data cache, then try the first person view again. If you are still experiencing it, please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on what we need and how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 42 (15,347 Views)

@keroseneheart

One other thing, why are you using CTRL and Shift to enter first person View? Shift and Tab are the keys, at least according to the patch notes and it worked for me.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 42 (15,343 Views)

sims 4 first person camera glitch

★★★★ Novice

I'm super excited for this new update today. I immediately grabbed my computer and loaded up the game. I removed the mods that conflicted (UI cheats). I went into first person and realized I could still the outline of their eyes and mouth. I know everybody at Sims is working to make sure everyone is happy, but does anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Peanut

Message 4 of 42 (15,332 Views)

Re: sims 4 first person camera glitch

@PeanutShell1016

You should remove ALL mods, not just the few that you think may cause an issue. 

We have seen one other user post about this so I'll ask you to do the same as them to see if we can fix it. I am also on a Mac and am not experiencing this, it is performing as expected.

Can you please make sure you moved out your whole Mods folder, then repair the game. If you are still experiencing it please clear the user data cache, then try the first person view again.

If you are still experiencing it, please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on what we need and how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 42 (15,321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried get rid of my mods, and it didn't work. I can try repairing the game, but this is what it looks like.

Message 6 of 42 (15,310 Views)

@PeanutShell1016

Please also try clearing the cache then let us know how you get on. If you could also provide all of the information I asked for about your Mac that would be great, thanks Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 42 (15,306 Views)

★ Apprentice

I completely removed the mod folders from my computer, repaired the game, deleted the cache files, and this work.

After playing The Sims since day one, you'd think I would have figured out by now that it's *always* mods. ALWAYS.

Anyway, the glitch was pretty hilarious and I'm glad I got pictures of it.

Heart

Thanks!

Message 8 of 42 (15,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh BTW I was pushing the right buttons, I just remembered them wrong Wink

Message 9 of 42 (15,306 Views)

@keroseneheart

Thank you for confirming. Make sure to ALWAYS move out your whole Mods folder to your desktop before patching Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 42 (15,301 Views)