Re: Fireplaces wont light after todays patch.

by TorriLuvsSims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Fireplaces/Campfires wont light

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to light any fireplace.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you light a fireplace your Sim will go through the animation but it doesn't light.
What do you expect to see? The fireplace lit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. JUNE 19th Seasons Patch.

I asked on the forums if anyone else was having this issue before I posted here and someone else said they were. Havent seen any other posts about it though.

Message 1 of 41 (9,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Fireplaces/Campfires wont light

Hero

• We addressed an issue where fireplaces wouldn’t remain lit. Now, they should remain lit, and if they could talk, they would probably tell their friends “come thru, it’s lit.” Because it’ll literally be lit.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.83

If anyone could verify the campfires for me, that be great 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 33 of 41 (7,362 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Kementari1771

yup, can see what you mean.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 41 (9,110 Views)

Fireplace bug since update

★★ Guide

Hello, there seems to be a lighting a fireplace issue since the update, had no problem before installing the update, now no fireplace lights even after deleting & replacing it or using a different type of fireplace. There's only a poof, no fire and the option to light again. 

Message 3 of 41 (8,811 Views)

★★★ Guide

I cannot light the fireplaces either....goes through the motion and no flame appears..happened after the recent patch...and some mods stopped working too.

Message 4 of 41 (8,920 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes, this is happening to me, too!  Frown  I am also having issues with wall paint.  When I select one, the game freezes.  Also, I am having problems with locking doors.  They won't lock.

-ToRRi

Message 5 of 41 (8,883 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Fireplaces wont light

★★ Novice

I think the seasons patch broke it :/, mine wont light either.

Message 6 of 41 (8,857 Views)

Hero

@TorriLuvsSims wrote:

Yes, this is happening to me, too!  Frown  I am also having issues with wall paint.  When I select one, the game freezes.  Also, I am having problems with locking doors.  They won't lock.

-ToRRi

Hi

you can post here about the lags: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Extreme-Lag-When-placing-wallpaper-on-walls/m-p/68...

For locking doors, there's a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Entering-Locked-Doors/m-p/6501451#M55239 

Please create a new thread if your locking door issue is different..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 41 (8,834 Views)

Re: Fireplace bug since update

Champion

@schnuck01, yes, it is the same with me. Wink  There is a Bug Forum for Sims4 and several people have posted about this there.  @crinrict is aware of the problem. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 41 (8,797 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same issue for me

Message 9 of 41 (8,806 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Fireplaces wont light

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. 

Message 10 of 41 (8,793 Views)