Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [FR] Stuck on Residential Rental Lot type

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except some kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Residential rental lots and rental lots break when you switch between them, especially if any of them have lot attributes set. Try to convert a residential rental lot into a rental lot and then go to manage worlds - the lot (although residential) will be still set as rental.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. If lot attributes existed before the rental was placed, the rental units may double up when a landlord tries to manage them. So there will be two unit 2s, two unit 3s, and so on. 2. If the rental lot is switched to residential, it will still be rental when you manage worlds and residential lots cannot be placed there. 3. If switched back to rental, errors occur - can't select rental rooms, error saying that Sims can only live in residential lots pops up, etc. Lot does not function as it should. 4. Options to switch worlds and between build/buy and live mode can be bugged and disappear, though I'm not sure if that's a separate issue entirely.
What do you expect to see? Seamless switching between residential rental and residential lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Sims 4 For Rent.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Adjusted title

Message 6 of 164 (17,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Residentual rental lots taking over other lots

Hero

You should no longer experience situations where you can get stuck on Residential Rental lot types. This includes Error code: 102/122:a0adad34 which should no longer occur on load.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 164 of 164 (4,032 Views)

All Replies

For rent lot switch to another lot type - huge bug and problem

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.103.250.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All (without kits and battu)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I download from gallery lot for rent and change type for bar (i rebuild first floor for it, but i want to look like house). 
When i back to map i see for rent icon above this lot, type "bar" and UI for rents lot. 

Where is bug? 
I can't change lot type anymore - it always be "for rent"

Message 1 of 164 (17,602 Views)

Re: For rent lot switch to another lot type - huge bug and problem

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@pessyl92See if you can turn it into a regular residential lot or genetic lot. If so, go back out of the lot to see if it is then set as residential or genetic your choice. If it set as one of them go back in and change it to a Bar, see if that works. 

Message 2 of 164 (17,593 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"Mieszkalna" = residential 
"Nieokreślone" = genetic

I write above i can't change this type of lot :<
I repair game BTW

Message 3 of 164 (17,587 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@pessyl92 may sure the residential rental objects are off of the lot such as the for rent sign and the rentals mailbox. I'm wondering if the lot need to be sold first? Like the game is recognizing that lot as own. My only suggestion is to see if one of your sims can buy it. Then either change the lot then or sell it and then go into try and change it. When I make a retail store I have a sim buy it go in do the pricing, save it to my library, have my sim sell it, them bulldoze it, take the one from my library and place it so that the retail will work on its own. I'm just wondering if the person who made the lot had a sim buy it as a landlord to see if it worked and the game is still seeing as own. I don't have the new pack nor did I update my game. I don't do that, I wait to see how buggy it is and until my mods are updated. Only a suggestion from how the game see buyable lots. Whatever the reason it needs fixed, it shouldn't be looked at as owned once saved to a library.
Message 4 of 164 (17,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@pessyl92But the more I think about it it might be recognizing as a buyable lot. Just see if one of your sims can buy it then change it. You should be able to change it without going through all that. They need to look at this problem. You also might want to reset your sims folder. Put the folder Sims 4 on the desktop and restart the game. Them from the old Sims 4 folder move the mod folder if you have anything in it. I always skip the resource file when asked if you want to replace. Add back your save folder, tray folder, screenshots if you have any, video, music if you added your own, if you see an exclude music file if you turned off certain songs in the game.and the option file, if your changed the settings in the game.

Message 5 of 164 (17,565 Views)

Re: Rental Residential Lots Break When Switching to Residential Lots

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@dslepenkSomeone else had this problem, they downloaded a residential rental lot and wanted to turn into a bar it said bar but was still a residential rentals now they can't change it. EA used the apartment tool/coding from CL and ECO which they broke walls, doors for HSY. Anyway it just hit me, the original apartments lots can't be changed to anything else. So if you download a residential rental it will never be able to be any other can of lot because it was made with the original apartment tool/coding. Even if you make it yourself  using that tool, once that is used the only way to get rid of it is to bulldoze the lot.

Message 7 of 164 (17,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@dslepenkJust saw another post like this but it said they have to sell it but no one owns it. I told the 1 st person I mentioned in the above reply that maybe the game is recognizing it as a buyable lot and is acting like it's own. I told them to see if one of the sim can purchase it and if so try and change the lot then. Maybe that woulfbwork. Just cheat that sim enough money to buy it. This is definitely a big mess on on EA part. So who knows if anything would work at this point with both these issue at play. Buyable and using the original apartment tool. SMDH

Message 8 of 164 (17,687 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think that's exactly what it is - the coding is set for a very specific lot type and once you change it, you can't change it back. I did try to bulldoze the lot, but this does not fix the issue - the only thing that does is adding ANOTHER residential rental once it's coded as residential (but still appears as rental in game) and then replacing THAT with a residential lot. But this isn't reliable and afterwards, my game still acted very buggy even when I replaced the lot, so it doesn't feel like a long term solution. Also, I got this pack so that my Sims could live in multigenerational houses, but I don't want to make their homes permanently residential. So it feels like this is an issue EA needs to solve, or maybe there's already a solution - and if that's the case, it's not obvious to me. I'm concerned about playing with my game further until I understand why this is happening and how to fix it :/ 

Message 9 of 164 (17,678 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I bulldozed a lot, and I changed it back to residential, and it still refused to acknowledge the change. It’s still came up in the world as a residential.
Message 10 of 164 (17,619 Views)