Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Eyelashes get color of curly short hair

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Not batuu, courtyard oasis, industrial lot kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Feminine frame sim, choose the curly short hair added in the 21 sep 2021 patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Eyelashes get the same color as the hair swatch
What do you expect to see? The eyelashes should be black
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.80.69.1030 patch

It's only the female framed sims that get the colored eyelashes with the hair. Happens with all swatches. See pic for reference of the hair in question.

*EDIT* @t00sa Clarified that both female and male framed sims have the hair conflicting with the eyelashes

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 9 (3,864 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Short hairstyle, changing color changes eyelash color. picture inside.

Hero

Selecting the yfHair_SP19CurlyUndercut_Red hair style for your Sim in Create a Sim will no longer apply the color of the hair to the Sim's eyelashes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,562 Views)

All Replies

New hair conflicts with eyelashes

★ Novice

One of the hairstyles added in today's update conflicts with the sims eyelashes

Message 2 of 9 (3,819 Views)

Re: New hair conflicts with eyelashes

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @peachteapig,

Have merged your post with this main thread as both sound the same. If you feel the issue you reported is different from this, please do let me know.

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 9 (3,785 Views)

Re: Eyelashes get color of curly short hair

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, male framed sims get this eyelash coloring bug too. Some masculine eyes have eyelashes also

Message 4 of 9 (3,743 Views)

Re: Eyelashes get color of curly short hair

★★★★ Guide

Same issue.

Message 5 of 9 (3,729 Views)

Eyelash / Hair colour bug in CAS

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Strangerville, Laundry Day, Seasons, Get Famous, City Living, Backyard Stuff, Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a specific base game hair and change the colour
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims eyelashes change to the colour of their hair when I use a certain base game hair
What do you expect to see? Black eyelashes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

simsbug.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (3,657 Views)

Hair Causing Eyelashes to Change Color

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.82.9.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Blooming Plant-thing and Modern Menswear kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the hair shown below.
What happens when the bug occurs? The eyelashes of the sim change color to match the hair color.
What do you expect to see? Eyelashes to remain the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Found this while flipping through hairs.

image_2022-01-12_141256.png

Message 7 of 9 (3,363 Views)

Short hairstyle, changing color changes eyelash color. picture inside.

★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Version 1.83.24 1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every pack and kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? select the short hairstyle on female. (I forgot to see if it does this on males). change the color to any color the eyelashes will change to match selected hairstyle. I also saved a sim with the hairstyle and this glitch in my gallery https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C6F9E685882A11EC80E8B1B887CF3384?category=al...
What happens when the bug occurs? the eyelashes change to the color that the hairstyle is.
What do you expect to see? the eyelashes to stay the black that they always are
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

I noticed that this hairstyle, when I change the color will change the eyelashes to the same color.  I tried other hairstyles but only found it on this one.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C6F9E685882A11EC80E8B1B887CF3384?category=al... 

I saved a sim in my gallery with this glitch. She can be found at the above link.

Message 8 of 9 (2,048 Views)

Re: Short hairstyle, changing color changes eyelash color. picture inside.

Hero

Selecting the yfHair_SP19CurlyUndercut_Red hair style for your Sim in Create a Sim will no longer apply the color of the hair to the Sim's eyelashes.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,563 Views)