[FIXED] Error Code 123:4a01697a / Welcome Wagon LE

by morganhively

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Error Code 123:4a01697a / Welcome Wagon LE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yesterday after launching the game I received an error code after loading my legacy save, but I figured since it was working fine that it must be insignificant, and I didn't note the error code. That save was working perfectly fine until yesterday, and I didn't change anything other than playing it. Like I said, despite the error code pop-up I was still able to play in the save last night. Everything worked fine. Today I went to pull up the EA app to launch the game. The EA app would not launch, and the desktop icon was missing, replaced with the "piece of blank paper with a bent corner" icon instead. I tried restarting the computer multiple times, I tried uninstalling the app three different ways (to reinstall it) and it would not uninstall. After trying every troubleshooting I could think of, my husband suggested a system restore to last night. So we did that and it broke my entire computer, sending me into a frenzy of panic. We couldn't get my computer to work, it was only showing blue error screens. Finally my husband fixed that by finding a way to cancel the restore. I then found a way to force uninstall the EA app through an install/uninstall troubleshooting program on the support.microsoft.com site. I then reinstalled the app, and when it launched I reported the issue and did an app recovery. The EA desktop shortcut icon resolved itself. To see what would happen now, I launched the Sims 4. Everything was fine, except after loading my legacy save, I received an error code message again. This time I noted the code, it is 123:4a01697a:4adea999. I believe the game would still work if I ignore it and play anyway, however I don't want to continue playing if there's a bigger issue here that's going to cause me to lose my save. And I'm just assuming this error code is what caused the EA app to crash the way it did. But I guess it is possible that it's not related? Either way, I need more information about this error code and how to proceed. I do backup my saves but not super often. I really can't lose this save, it has years of progress.

And yes I do use mods/cc and curseforge. All of my mods are updated and everything was working fine before yesterday. I didn't download any new mods in that time frame.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I resume the game.
What is your current game version number? 1.99.305.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into my save and click resume.
What happens when the bug occurs? Error Code 123:4a01697a:4adea999 pops up as I'm sent to the world selector screen instead of loading into the household shown on "resume" button.
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but testing showed the custom content and mods weren't involved.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 4 of 72 (15,235 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error Code 123:4a01697a:4adea999

Hero

Loading into your home lot should greet you with your household and not error code 123:4a01697a:4adea999; prepare to accept the Welcome Wagon neighbors to your home.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 72 of 72 (3,617 Views)

All Replies

Welcome_wagon.py issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When i try to go into live mode the game does a critical exception, BetterExceptions and MCCC say it is from the file welcome_wagon.py

here is the pasted BE report

Exception Summary
Exception Date: 2023-08-05 17:43:19Game Version: 1.99.305.1020-1.300.000.168.ReleaseCategory ID: welcome_wagon.py:169
Recommended ActionNo mods were listed in the exception but you do have mods installed.
Close your game, try removing handfuls of mods from your Mods folder and retry what you did when you received the exception.
If the exception does not occur then the problem is likely with that mod.
Check the mod download for any recent updates.
Possible Cause
(Confidence: 10%)
welcome_wagon
ReasonException raised while processing zone spin up sequence: should_seed_be_loaded() takes from 2 to 3 positional arguments but 4 were given (TypeError: should_seed_be_loaded() takes from 2 to 3 positional arguments but 4 were given)
MCCC Version2023.4.1
Versionv176f
Mod Count7824 packages, 91 scripts
Message 1 of 72 (12,863 Views)

Re: Welcome_wagon.py issue

Champion (Retired)

@CharaEatsDirt 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game in a new save.
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 72 (12,827 Views)

Re: Welcome_wagon.py issue

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it sort of worked, I will test more tomorrow

Message 3 of 72 (12,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

i  don't think the error code and the Ea app issues are related. Error codes like this are typically a problem with the game itself.

Try the following

• Close the game
  • Rename Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_Old
  • Start the game. All your content will be gone now as the game created a new folder. All your saves/.. is still in the old folder so not to worry
  • Copy just your save game from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4_Old\Saves to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves
  • Start the game and check if you still get the error code.
  • Report back with your results for further steps on how to get your stuff back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 72 (15,192 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for your quick response. I followed your instructions and there was no error code when I loaded my save. I'm going to wait for further instructions from you.
Message 6 of 72 (15,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@morganhively So if you don't get an error code without your mods/cc in, it's most probably a mod or a mod conflict causing the issue for you.

You need to find out which one, so start to put back your mods/cc in groups. Start with the cc, then work your way to smaller mods and then the bigger ones. Test after each group to see when you get the error back.

Once you have figured out which mod causes it, check if that mod got updated. If it did, replace the one you are using with the new version.

You can also copy over the following folders:
- Screenshots
- Tray (your Sims and households in your library)
- Recorded videos (if you have any)
- Custom Music (if you are using any)
- ConfigOverride (if you made any)

You will also need to copy the saves folder over again cause with testing mods, stuff is bound to be messed up in your save game now. Just return to the original in the OLD folder once you're done with everything.

The rest are basically cache files and don't need to be put back.

Let me know if you need any more guidance.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 72 (15,156 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok, thank you, I really appreciate your kindness and speed. I'll let you know if I need any more help.
Message 8 of 72 (15,153 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Ok, it wasn't any of the mods/cc. It turns out it actually WAS just something wrong with the save files, I just apparently didn't do the exact steps to trigger the error code. It's when I click "resume" from the main menu that the error code pops up. If I use the "load game" option it doesn't trigger the error code, and I can load into households that way without the error popping up.
Does that mean my save is corrupted? What should my next steps be?
Message 9 of 72 (15,134 Views)

Hero
@morganhively Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

I can check it in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 72 (15,124 Views)