Re: Finchwick lots causing game to crash

by wampi8

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

@jilbrock I had the same problem. In game option in get famous part there is "sims begin opted out of fame" option. Try to uncheck that.

Message 11 of 119 (7,985 Views)

Hero
@carofernandez1 I had another more complicated solution ready but the @wampi8 solutions also works. My guess is that it's connected to this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Customer-Service-NPCs-Don-t-Spawn-on-Community/t...

Since the bar is a bit special when it comes to job npcs, it looks like the game is throwing an error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 119 (4,930 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict could you tell me the other complicated solution just in case? I will try the @wampi8 one in a short while but I would also like to know yours if you don't mind.
Message 13 of 119 (4,922 Views)

Hero
@carofernandez1
1. Load the game instead of resume
2. Load your other family in chestnut ridge (sadly there will be a death)
3. Play until after 9 pm
4. Go back to manage world and change household to the one in Henford.
5. It should now load

I have to say that I didn't test further and don't know if the issue comes back. If it's really caused by the NPC in the bar spawning, it might.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 119 (4,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict okay, thank you so much! I have a feeling it has to do with the Finchwick NPCs. Will fixing that fame option allow me to continue playing? Or should I move my family out of the lot on Finchwich?
Message 15 of 119 (4,910 Views)

Hero
@carofernandez1 It should allow you to play. It's a bad bug and hopefully it gets fixed soon. It also causes no npcs on other lots so it's best to allow fame atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 119 (4,903 Views)

Re: Sims 4 For Rent loading Error

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue with a file I had in-progress before I bought and downloaded For Rent. I'm currently playing with no mods or scripts at all.

I'm able to play and I can sometimes travel to other places but then sometimes it will pop up with that same error of 'The game failed to load' & 'It is recommended that you relaunch the game'.

The last time I got the error I wasn't even playing on a Rental lot or doing any 'For Rent' related things.

Message 17 of 119 (4,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dearsuperhero831 I merged your post with the thread on this error code.

Which world are you playing when you get the error code ? Can you try turning on fame ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 119 (4,828 Views)

Error 109:e56fc6bb:703c3d50, then packs are not recognized on reload

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever is considered the latest on Dec 9th, 2023
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? For Rent and 51 others
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I suspect it may have something to do with the mayor of Henford-on-Bagley being my tenant, I did not realize I was moving her in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The error code 109:e56fc6bb:703c3d50 appeared while I was attempting to travel to the bar in Henford. It suggested I reload my game. I did and attempted to reload the save, got the same error. Reloaded again, attempted to access the same save, it tells me that I don't own the 52 packs the save uses.I have not attempted to load the save in this state.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to recognize my purchased packs and to be able to travel to other lots.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought the For Rent Expansion.

Mods were removed several patches ago. They weren't worth the effort to keep current.

This was a new save, playing as a landlord in the Tomarang world. I accidentally chose the mayor of Henford-on-Bagley as my tenant and I think it broke my game when I then tried to travel to Henford-on-Bagley.

Message 19 of 119 (4,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I was also just having this same error code. Tried repairing the game, no change. Couldn't travel (was trying to go from chestnut ridge to henford on bagley) and would get sent to the world's page with the error code. 

Turning on fame has fixed the issue...how odd. 

Message 20 of 119 (4,783 Views)