Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 'Entitlement missing" on gallery downloads unless all packs from build

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a house from the galary that you don't have all the packs for and try to move or delete walls. It says "entitlement missing". Even with cheat codes on for move objects and ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and enablefreebuild.
What happens when the bug occurs? it says "entitlement missing".
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to delete or move a wall in a house I've placed from the galary even it I don't have all the packs it took to make it, I used to be able to before the last update.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the last update that was made on Nov. 10, 2020, when the update was done, it wanted me to reinstall my sims 4, I did. Today Nov. 11, 2020, I repaired all my expansions, game packs and stuff packs and it's still doing it.

I really just want to know if this is a change that was meant to happen, if we can no longer download lots that we don't have all the packs for and change anything about them. If so, that's fine, I'll download only the ones I have packs for, it's just that I was able to download and move walls or delete them in houses I didn't have all the packs for before the lastest update. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 19 (8,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Entitlement missing" on downloads from gallery unless have all pa

Hero

Some players reported an error saying "Entitlement missing" when attempting to move or delete walls of Lots placed from the Gallery. This error should no longer occur.

Fixed in Patch 1.84.171/1.52

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (1,749 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ShadySimmer61 Does this happen for every house ? If not, do you have an example ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (8,786 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It happened to me too
Message 3 of 19 (8,745 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ironically i got this issue with every expansion installed for some reason.

Message 4 of 19 (8,740 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@matthew1112 wrote:

Ironically i got this issue with every expansion installed for some reason.

Have you gotten to the top of the mountain yet? Was the lot that you placed originally built on the summit? This is my best guess but I could be wrong. Standard smile

Message 5 of 19 (8,726 Views)

Hero
@KeyCherise Could you give me some examples with a list of your packs ?`

@matthew1112 Which lot do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (8,711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am currently trying to download a lot from the gallery called Braxton Family Manor by DvdE91 onto the 50x40 lot in NewCrest. I have majority of the packs for this lot except for Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Cats & Dogs, and Realm of Magic. 
I have been trying to rotate the lot and get the message. I have even tried to delete certain parts of the lot such as walls and got the same error. I am a console player. I even tried the bb.ignoregameplayentitlement cheat but it didn’t work. I really want this house as it’s prefect for my Sims & I suck at building.

Message 7 of 19 (8,690 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KeyCherise I disabled the packs you mentioned and tried that. Unfortunately, can't duplicate this.

There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Foundation-and-walls-disappear-when-placing-certai... which sounds similar (I was able to duplicate that at the time)

Any other houses I could test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (8,657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, Im not sure if you are still looking into this issue or not.  I just got a new computer and had to re install everything.  Now im getting this error when I download builds from the gallery that I don't have all the packs for when its never been and issue before.  

The packs I have are:  Snowy Escape, get to work, Discover University, City Living, Island Living, Get Together, get Famous, Seasons, cats and dogs, spa day, outdoor retreat, vampires, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, perfect patio stuff, vintage glamour romantic garden, nifty knitting, tiny living, mochino, movie hangout.

The lot I downloaded was made by DevonBumpkin called the Space.

I was able to place items add in different window, doors, lights ect. But I could not delete the fences it places out front or any walls as well as the caution tape on the roof just to name a few items. I hope this info helps when you have some time to look into it.  Its very frustrating!  Thanks for your time and hard!

Message 9 of 19 (7,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem too and sort of just gave up on fixing it and went on to change some other things. I ended up being able to delete a couple of fences around a staircase in the house, and suddenly I could delete the fences outside? I dunno why it worked, but maybe try deleting any fences you have placed in the house and try again! 

Message 10 of 19 (7,238 Views)