by Meegatron16

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Random Romance Interactions without active NAP

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Talk to the Harris household in Eco Lifestyle.
What happens when the bug occurs? Normal conversations with Sims from Harris household without any romantic interactions end with Sims romantically kissing each other before leaving.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are not romantically involved, not kissing each other goodbye.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to most recent patch 6th June and downloaded Eco Lifestyle.

Just downloaded the new EcoLifestyle pack yesterday. 

My Sim visited the Harris household and was talking to some of the household members. She took it upon herself to go do something else and just before leaving my Sim and Faye kissed goodbye. The proper romantic partner kiss. They'd had no romantic social interactions at all. In fact this kiss didn't even show up as a romantic interaction.

On returning to the house a few moments later the MIL Francine comes out of the house and her and Faye (her daughter in law) have a romantic kiss too. This confused me as I know they live in the same house but I thought Faye was married to Francine's son, which she is. Faye blows my Sim a kiss and now the romantic interaction comes up. Faye goes inside and my Sim is left talking to Francine. When my Sim leaves Francine gives my Sim a romantic kiss as well. After there have been no romantic interactions between them.

Is this something to do with this family in particular, part of the gameplay perhaps? Or is this a bug? Has anyone else had this happen to them?

It seemed really odd, because even if this is something unique to this family, and they're really overly friendly, I wouldn't expect my Sim to just kiss all of them romantically like that with no previous romantic interactions. 

Message 11 of 28 (3,410 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle - Kissing Sims

Hero
@SparklyB Do you have the Romance action plan in place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 28 (3,394 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Do you mean like an aspiration?

My Sim is all Eco based, she has nothing in her character that makes her flirty or looking for romance or anything like that. 

I've played the game again today and she hasn't done that interaction with any other Sims. Francine the MIL came to visit her at her lot and they didn't kiss. So I'm wondering whether this is something to do with the Harris family lot in particular.

Message 13 of 28 (3,343 Views)

Hero
@SparklyB No, I mean the new Neighborhood Action Plans. There's one that encourages romance .. with whoever

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 28 (3,340 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ahhhh okay.....no. At that time there was only one neighbourhood action plan which was energy based.

Saying that though, their house is in a different neighbourhood to my Sim. I haven't seen what action plans their neighbourhood has.

So there's an action plan that would cause that? Even with Sims of the same family? Seems a bit.....weird :-/ haha

Message 15 of 28 (3,337 Views)

Hero
@SparklyB As long as they're not inappropriate (like father to daughter), then yes.

The issue that it's not only within the same hood does seem to be a bug though which was reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to/td...

So I'm guessing that's what's going on unless you also have inappropriate ones which should still not happen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 28 (3,324 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SparklyB The Neighborhood Action Plan is called "Free Love". From what I've seen the romantic interactions can get kind of crazy but maybe that's by design.

free love.JPG

Message 17 of 28 (3,298 Views)

★ Guide

On a serious note: that 'free romance' plan's out to be overhauled to make sure there's consent between those involved.

Message 18 of 28 (3,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thanks for the help Standard smile I'll keep an eye on the interactions. I've kinda been put off going to that neighbourhood since as I don't actually want my Sim in a romantic relationship with Faye. She has a family, I'm not breaking up a family. It's all kinds of stress :D

@RandomBuzziness @MeltingPenguins Thanks guys Standard smile I'll have a look at what action plans are active in that neighbourhood.

Message 19 of 28 (3,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@MeltingPenguinsagreed, it is very serious for them not to have implemented consent.

Message 20 of 28 (3,194 Views)