[FIXED] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by KeenKB

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

★★★★ Apprentice

elelunicy, have you tested this code re-write in your own game? Like others here, I have no idea how to personally implement this fix as I am not familiar with game code, but if you've run this fix and it works, I would be very interested in downloading it as a patch or mod of some kind.

Message 71 of 124 (1,308 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you. After reading several times, I began to understand your guide and found a little bit a workaround for me for the neighborhood Conifere Station. I think, now I get a nearly stable green footprint on highest level. After every start of the savegame, I have to visite to Port Promise to stop the decline of the green footprint, But If I return to Conifere Station all is fine again. But I do not visit any longer other neighborhood during I am playing the game. A good update would be welcome.  

Message 72 of 124 (1,263 Views)

Re: Neighborhood Eco Footprint can't move from Neutral

★★★ Newbie

Yes! I have done everything in my power to move port promise back to industrial because it changed to neutral as soon as I moved in and I am stuck at neutral! Every lot in the community comes up as neutral and it’s so frustrating because if I wanted to play neutral I wouldn’t have bought the pack. 

Message 73 of 124 (1,233 Views)

★★ Guide

The Starter Footprints in Port Promise and Grims Quarry are a little bit fake. I 've tested it with a fresh new game after I was a little bit astonished, how the lots in Grims Quarry can be green without any green content in the house. And indeed, if I choose the one houshold in Grims Quarry for activ playing it startet to run down to neutral. The overview for the world show also at once neutral. That's the reel footprint of this house. Then I 've made a short journey on every lot of these both neighboorhood. Nearly all lots became neutral. Only one in Port Promise - the empty lot - is still industriell. The neighborhoods have still the starter footprint of green and industriell. 

I have understood, that the footprint is two sides counting: The lots charakter and the neigboorhods charakter. Living in a (in reality neutral) lot in Grims Quarry will run down your green footprint in a quick way, if you do not any green things for it. Only the green starter footprint of the neighboorhod will stop this a little bit. The contrary happens in Port Promise, if you choose a faked industriell houshold for playing. Only the real industriel lot will show an other behavier, but it is surrounded of neutral lots. I think, they gave a little bit real different Footprint for the start, so you have a better chance for staying green in Grims Quarry ... an easyer chance to become green in Port Promise, but feel a little bit industriell in the beginning - for a little bit gameplay. 

Every one can reproduce the real footprints in the lots in a starter game: only make a jump to the left in Grims Quary and the a step to the right in Port Promise through all the lots.

Message 74 of 124 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Fischreuse I agree completely have the same experience almost exactly. Frustrating
Message 75 of 124 (1,164 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here. Eco footprint keeps going back and forth between green and neutral, even when I'm not changing anything...

Message 76 of 124 (1,041 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

★★★★ Novice

How do you view an individual lots eco footprint?

Message 77 of 124 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@marisa92388 it's located near weather at the bottom of your screen - under time/speed buttons - there's a leaf icon.

Also, the same issue - Eco footprint increases/decreases during week at no point, doesn't depend on if my sim does smth or not. Lovely bug Standard smile

Message 78 of 124 (960 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh I thought that was the neighborhoods eco footprint! But anyways same problem! 

Message 79 of 124 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have same problem too!

I moved to the neighborhood which is green at the beginning. It turned neutral very quickly, like in few sims hours. I built a house, off the grid. Wind turbines and solar panels on the roof, lots of plants and trees and greenery. Walls and floors are with green lifestyle bonus. Only industrial item i have is a fireplace, everything else is green. And still every time i load the game the eco footprint is neutral. It changes back to green when i travel to other town and come back. But now when autumn came (i have seasons) it won't go back to green. It stays neutral. I think it counts the falling leaves as rubbish and that is why it turns to neutral. I don't know how to fix it anymore. Oh, and sorry for my bad english!

Message 80 of 124 (901 Views)