[FIXED] [ECO] Issues with Eco Footprint Changes

by KeenKB

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Eco Footprint Bar Continuously Declines After One Fire

★★★ Novice
@KaaMariSims This exact thing is happening to me. I’m hoping EA sees this and is addressing it! Does anyone know?
Message 41 of 124 (1,686 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ECO] Eco Footprint Bar Continuously Declines After One Fire

★★ Pro

@elelunicy  That's really informative and you should definitely be a modder to help the rest of us frustrated, but code clueless simmers out here. I'd download it for a quick fix. Heck, if you don't have an already good and stable job maybe they need you in EA for your GENIUS! You could be the guy who finally gets around to fixing our complaints in a matter of hours instead of a matter of months. *laughs*

Message 42 of 124 (1,666 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle- Eco Footprint Bug

★★★★ Expert
@elelunicy So, make a mod for it in the meantime!
Message 43 of 124 (1,660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Sooo I'm having the same problem as well. First, the neighborhood was green and after re-launching the game it suddenly started to decrease towards neutral during one sim day without changing anything. Very frustrating but good to hear that the problem is more common and maybe there's a possibility for it to be fixed. @elelunicy Sorry for me being a newbie here and asking stupid things but the code you got there, is there a place to try it and how can I find the place? Any experiences of it? Thanks and let's hope EA notices this thread as well. No point of the expansion pack really if it's not working as it should. Not worth the money at least.

Message 44 of 124 (1,642 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Ratkiriemukas13 Yea, it's annoying. It goes from full green all the way to neutral, almost to industrial before it rockets back up to full green again. It shouldn't be doing this if it's solely based upon build-mode stuff.
Message 45 of 124 (1,604 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Elelunicy, yes, that's what I'm understanding from the code as well as observance of game behavior. They are overriding with the default value on new load of the save file. So, it returns footprint to default, then starts to build again. Pretty easy fix for EA. Hopefully they can get it in the next patch. I'm more versed in JS and can only understand Python, so I'd be really interested in a mod if you create one in the interim.

Message 46 of 124 (1,582 Views)

Eco footprint in port promise

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make all lots in port promise have a strong green footprint
What happens when the bug occurs? Port promise goes green momentarily then back to neutral even if all lots have high eco footprints with lots of objects and building materials
What do you expect to see? For it to stay green unless I change it!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco living

not sure if this happens in just port promise or happens with all  neighbourhoods but makes the whole eco footprint unplayable. 

Not impressed by this I paid good money for something that is fundamentally faulty  and any other product I would demand full refund! However I enjoy playing so I trust this and other issues are fixed promptly.

Message 47 of 124 (1,572 Views)

Re: Eco footprint in port promise

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 48 of 124 (1,558 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@FuzzeePumpkin wrote:

Elelunicy, yes, that's what I'm understanding from the code as well as observance of game behavior. They are overriding with the default value on new load of the save file. So, it returns footprint to default, then starts to build again. Pretty easy fix for EA. Hopefully they can get it in the next patch. I'm more versed in JS and can only understand Python, so I'd be really interested in a mod if you create one in the interim.

This specific bug has limited impact on game behavior, and I don’t think most issues complained by people in this thread are caused by this bug.

The main problem with this specific bug is that changing the other lots in the neighborhood won’t do anything, as once you return to your own lot the game will revert back to using the default footprint value of the other lots.  The footprint value of the current lot you’re on meanwhile is calculated correctly.

Message 49 of 124 (1,556 Views)

Re: Eco footprint in port promise

★ Novice

Done my me too.....thanks☺

Message 50 of 124 (1,526 Views)