[FIXED] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

by heather1314

Original Post

Lump of clay bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, eco lifestyle, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, kids room, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing in Evergreen harbour in the Eco lifestyle expansion pack, leave your sims for a while and they start to mold a lump of clay which wasn't in their inventory, even if you sell it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lumps of clay generate in sims and NPC's inventory, they then start to mold it and if you don't do anything it happens again and the lump of clay stacks. If you sell all the clay, the sims will just generate more.
What do you expect to see? Sims start randomly molding a lump of clay and then put it in their inventory, then mold another and put it in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Clay being used, sold then used again.

Message 81 of 378 (9,044 Views)

Re: Lots of Clay and Playing Guitar/Violin

★★ Guide

@oliviaaguon It seems N.A.P.-related. Like Sims will autonomously do activities relevant to current community policies (and policies they've been tagged with in other neighborhoods--which is also a bug). The creative policy in particular seems to cause Sims to dance, play with a guitar/tablet, practice acting, and play with ever-respawning clay. I think the tech policy causes the coding & future cube issues.  

Message 82 of 378 (9,029 Views)

Re: Lump of clay bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@niamhreilly2618 There are a lot of people commenting about this in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-Future-Cubes-Clay-Spawning-in-Inventories/m-p/9199418...

It would probably help to add "me too" thereStandard smile

Message 83 of 378 (9,037 Views)

Re: Lump of clay bug

Hero
@niamhreilly2618 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 378 (8,984 Views)

Household Acting Like NPCs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sims to live in university housing, split them from household
What happens when the bug occurs? a few of my household sims are acting like NPCs, I tell them to do something and they don't, then they take out a future cube or lump of clay which I never bought for them, and play with that instead.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be controllable, and do things when I tell them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This started with the last group of updates that came with Eco Lifestyle.

I realized this started after I made them split from the household and go live in university housing. Once they started living in University Housing, they were acting like NPCs, they wouldn't do anything I asked them to, played with lump of clay, played with future cube, did push ups, practiced programming, and played the violin. None of which they have EVER done before, and they would NEVER do what I told them, at all.

I have turned off autonomy and they still do this stuff, which is aggravating.

I really don't know what else to say.

Message 85 of 378 (8,940 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Future Cubes/Clay Spawning in Inventories

★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same issue with the annoying constant spawning future cubes, and also my sims breaking through disabled autonomy. I'll have them cancel out interactions to go "mix drinks" or "troll the forums" excessively every few minutes with disabled autonomy. 

Message 86 of 378 (8,908 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Future Cubes Spawning in Inventories (after switching househol

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried to move my household into a new game and it is right: The sim in my household that is affected by the problem started again programming and produces future cubs perpetually. The household is lost for me.

That is a really annoying situation. Confused

Message 87 of 378 (8,909 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
This happens to me too! Kind of game breaking, I hope they figure it out soon Frown
Message 88 of 378 (8,883 Views)

★★ Novice
@heather1314 Me too! I switched to the goth family when I visited but when I switched back I had clay and a future cube. No matter how many times I sell them they keep spawning!
Message 89 of 378 (8,815 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here.. Future cubes galore in the inventory of my 3 sims and they have all mastered programming because thats all they want to do.. When I try to make them do something else they start doing that other thing then within a few seconds of me clicking another household member they run back up stairs to the computer and start practicing programming again. On the bright side they have all retired now as young adults because they make more off of selling Future cubes than any job will pay them.

When friends and family come over I get one of two situations with them.

!) They carry around a lump of clay constantly. It kinda looks like poo so not something I want to stare at for hours on end.

2) They go to my kitchen and make white cakes over and over and over. I prefer strawberry cake so its rather disappointing to have my fridge filled with white cakes.

Message 90 of 378 (8,754 Views)