Re: [OPEN] [ECO] [CoL] NPC Sims not filling regular positions

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: NPC Sims not filling regular positions.

★★ Apprentice

I've been playing in Henford-on-Bagley lately and I'm having the same problem. I see random NPCs walking around as the Mayor, Grocery Deliverer, and especially the Pub Owner and Grocery Shop Owner -- I think the game somehow managed to spawn 2 extra Pub Owners and Grocery Shop Owners in the save file I've been playing on. The Finchwick message board doesn't even tell me who the Creature Keeper is right now. The Crumplebottoms are still in their regular roles for me too though.

I'm disappointed tbh; I was looking forward to playing some Cottage Living, but this situation makes errands pretty confusing, and I want to have my Cottage Living Sims interact with the OG Henford-on-Bagley villagers.

Message 91 of 98 (1,084 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CoL] Multiple versions of Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottom

★★★★ Novice

Same here. I have a ton. And not just them all the npcs from that world are constantly spawning new versions. It's ridiculous.

And I'm on Xbox. So no mods. Only happened when I had a sim living in that world. Never happened in my other saves. 

Message 92 of 98 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Never used CC or Mods. Never had an issue before High School pack and those big gameplay updates. Now made a new game and creature keeper was someone else for some reason (encountered 2 so far), met 3 or 4 mayors at the pub, and there are 2-3 bar owners, none of them from the Scott family. Felt like Twilight Zone.

Message 93 of 98 (1,003 Views)

★ Apprentice

This thread is 1 1/5 years old & I just started having this issue. I started a new save game a few months ago, but just moved her into henford-on-bageley. It's been a while in game time- like all original Townes have long since died. I keep trying to fulfill errands and every time I go to the garden stall a NEW Agatha/Agnes is spawnned. I deleted them all. Then a few days later I check again & there's 6 new ones 3 of each. Same thing happens with the creature keeper- every few days there is a new one & the old one still is wearing same "creature keeper" outfit but is no longer tagged creature keeper. It's getting very annoying. I have no mods. Seems to happen with all except grocer. There is multiple bar owners as well. Making gameplay very difficult. Also having issues with foxes- a dozen at a time will take up household slots & have that stretched out photo, and when presented with a gift they drop it... In world.. not on a deletable lot so there is a terrible collection of fox gift boxes all over world that I cannot delete. 

Message 94 of 98 (963 Views)

Hero
@KATHYLEE10893 I moved your post over to the correct thread for this as you also have issues with the other NPCs in HOB.

The Agnes/Agatha issue is different (and older).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 98 (942 Views)

★★★ Guide

Saw this just now since I saw there was a laundry list from three days ago and it's no wonder a random NPC was constantly taking the Creature Keeper's place in my game no matter if I removed the title from the random NPC who took his place or from the Creature Keeper himself before adding it back to him.

I just decided to give up last night and moved him in but I might just have to add his title back once it's fixed and let him live in the Bramblewood.

Message 96 of 98 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I use mods so I don't think I can send my save file even though it seems like this bug happens whether you use mods or not. I'm glad the errands still work for me, for any and all the Crumplebottoms. I can get a task from one of them and fulfill it with another. The other Henford jobs are also overpopulated. Multiple townie pub owners, Mayors, etc.

We also live in Finchwick, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. There's also a community space/garden that my sims sometime visit next door, where I first encountered multiple Agathas. I wonder if there's a cap or if by the time my toddler is a young adult, she'll know several hundred Crumplebottoms.

10-07-22_7-15-48 PM.png

10-07-22_7-20-56 PM.png

Message 97 of 98 (828 Views)

Hero

When you live in a small village like Henford-On-Bagley, you get to know everyone on a first name basis. So seeing random NPCs working in the local pub was a shock for everyone. Now, only pre-made NPCs will start off behind the bar and other local businesses.

Fixed in Patch 1.92.145/1.65

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 98 of 98 (4,702 Views)