Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ECO] Can Not Harvest/Plant new Meat Wall

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase a vertical garden planter from Eco Lifestyle and grow Cruelty Free Meat
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not harvest the meat even though it is clearly mature harvestable.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to harvest cruelty free meat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage Living Patch

Screen Shot 2.png

This is just a preview. It is 'blossoming' but I can not harvest it. Tried it over multiple saves with mods removed.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 27 (8,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can Not Harvest/Plant new Meat Wall

Hero

So you’ve got the hang of vertical gardening - perfect for small spaces! You have several A-OK-Bloomer Vertical Planters, you’ve started to sing to your plants, cared for them appropriately, talked to them, and you decide to grow Cruelty Free Meat - but realized you couldn’t harvest it? We reviewed our planters and sang a few songs to them and now you should be able to harvest Cruelty Free Meat from vertical planters.

Fixed in Patch 1.82.99/1.50

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (3,747 Views)

All Replies

Re: [ECO]Can Not Harvest Meat Wall

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@NykoIaz

I'm assuming I have this problem too? After I saw how many BUGS ECO had, I stopped playing it. Today I (mistakenly?) tried it again. Decided to grow the "meat wall" because I never got around to it the first time.

It takes up half the thing at first, then one day and it looks like the picture above. I left it like that from the beginning of Winter to the start of Summer and never got any type of "harvest" option. Started to wonder what's the point of the thing?

Is this SUPPOSED to be harvested? Because if so, it's actually NEVER WORKED.

Edit:

Oh, Is the "Massage" option supposed to make it revert to half-size again? I can't figure that out...

Message 2 of 27 (8,411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This meat wall object would be so perfect for a Vegetarian sim doing the Simple Living lot challenge.. no killing animals and sims still get to enjoy meat recipes.

(double post merged into: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-Can-Not-Harvest-Meat-Wall/m-p/10543486#M192311 )

Message 3 of 27 (8,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the one hand, the Meat Wall can no longer be harvested, but on the other hand, Meat Substitute recipes are no longer available, even though there are cubes of fake meat in the fridge. It seems to be due to the addition of the "simple living" challenge which does not recognize these ingredients.

Message 4 of 27 (8,341 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Can Not Harvest Meat Wall

★★ Novice

I can’t harvest the meat wall either, but also the bizarre fruit plant can’t be harvested anymore (strangerville Game pack). 

Message 5 of 27 (8,290 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's not allowing me to harvest off my wall either, nor can I grow the meat walls on other planters now. Out of curiosity, since this was my first time completing the green tech career, does the option to grow and harvest the wall disappear after you quit the career?

Message 6 of 27 (8,191 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Simmergirl18 I don't think so because I never did the career and never had the option. I can "grow" it, I can just never harvest it.
Message 7 of 27 (8,172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Simmergirl18 I used a mod to get the meat wall, and I was able to grow and harvest meat before the patch. I never did the career as well.
Message 8 of 27 (8,104 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same problem it just reverts back to the beginning

Message 9 of 27 (8,054 Views)

I can't believe it's not meat option missing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except star wars.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a vertical planter in HOB and click the planter
What happens when the bug occurs? The "plant I can't believe it's not meat" option is not there.
What do you expect to see? The option to plant a meat wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Country living

There is no option to grow cruelty free meat when you click on the vertical planter. My sim is maxed out in all skills, completed every career, and every aspiration. I tried while my sim was in the eco career (max promotions in innovator) and after she quit. It will not give me the option. 

Message 10 of 27 (7,926 Views)