[FIXED] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

by Dinosaur918

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Duplicate swimwear button in CAS by male Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Looked in Sims 4 Studio to see why, and it's just a mis-tag Standard smile

1544 is what they should be, for adult swimwear bottoms. Instead they're tagged as 1238 which is the kids' one Standard smile

Curiously, the female frame version isn't tagged for swimwear at all, only shorts (154) instead of the 1544.

Message 11 of 15 (573 Views)

[IL] Duplicate Swimsuit/Swimwear category in CAS

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Open CAS by any mean 2) Start creating a Teen or older Male Sim with default gender options: Masculine frame, Masculine clothing preferences, can get other pregnant, can use the toilet standing 3) Browse the "Bottoms" category.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are be two sub-categories of "Bottoms" with the same icon: "Swimsuits" and "Swimwear". When showing only "Masculine" clothing using CAS filters, the "Swimsuits" category is empty. All masculine swimwear is in the "Swimwear" category.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see only one category of swimwear, and not a duplicate "swimsuit" category with nothing in it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For more details:

With only Island Living installed, here's how the "Swimsuit" sub-category looks like with a Male Sim, default gender options, and only "Masculine" items shown using CAS filters:

001.jpg

Under the same conditions, here's how the "Swimwear" category appears:

002.jpg

And if I use CAS filters to show both "Masculine" and "Feminine" clothing, the "Swimsuits" only show a single piece of swimwear from Island Living:

003.jpg

After investigations with community tools, it seems that this CAS item is tagged as "Feminine" for Teens and older, and as "Swimsuits" for Children Sims. Seems to be the reason why it creates a duplicate "Swimsuit" category, which appears empty by default for Sims with a "Masculine" clothing preference.

Out of memory, this bug seems to have been around at least since May 2021.

Message 12 of 15 (504 Views)

Re: [IL] Duplicate Swimsuit/Swimwear category in CAS

★★★★★ Expert

I noticed this too.

Message 13 of 15 (469 Views)

Re: Duplicate icon for Swimwear in CAS

★★ Novice

Hi! Can you merge this post too?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Male-shorts-do-not-appear-in-CAS/m-p/7982762
I solved it by making a hidden mod, but I hope the game fixes it in the next update.

Message 14 of 15 (386 Views)

Re: Duplicate icon for Swimwear in CAS

Hero

Male Sims with masculine clothing preference should only see the Swimwear category and not the Swimwear and Swimsuits category…swimsuits sounds way too formal for swimming.

Fixed in Patch 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 15 (1,377 Views)