Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Dialog Picker for several give food interactions doesn't appear/LE

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% (see below)
What is your current game version number?  1.105.332
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a new Save and Household with a Toddler, Cook Food, Put it in your Adult Sims Inventory. Click on the Toddler and choose the "Give Food from Inventory" Option.
What happens when the bug occurs?  No Picker Dialog appears and a LE gets generated
What do you expect to see? A Picker Dialog to choose the Food
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not while testing this Bug
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I think, it appeared with Patch 1.105.297. At least that is the first time i got a report for my own Mod.

This UI Dialog Picker Error happens with other "ObjectInInventoryPickerInteraction" as well, at least with Food in the Inventory (e.g. the Leftover on Fridges Option, when you remove the Auto Picker Code). Old Saves, where Food is already in the Fridge, are still working, but new Saves (or new Food maybe) do throw an Error.

It happens with all Packs installed as well in a Base Game only Version. Tested in a new Save, new Sims, fresh cooked Food (Grilled Cheese)

(I am not allowed to upload the LE File itself, So I will copy the Error in here)

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d4d31b264d98b0c965e06da9</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2024-02-29 12:44:09</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.105.332.1020-1.300.000.178.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>ui_dialog_picker.py:558</categoryid><desyncid>d4d31b264d98b0c965e06da9</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Unknown timeline: Exception running Element (TypeError: 4.000000059604645 has type &lt;class 'float'&gt;, but expected one of: int, long)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 219, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\picker_interaction.py", line 2242, in _run_interaction_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\picker_interaction.py", line 473, in _show_picker_dialog&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog.py", line 815, in show_dialog&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog.py", line 527, in show_dialog&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_service.py", line 158, in dialog_show&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_picker.py", line 1283, in build_msg&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_picker.py", line 1331, in build_object_picker&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_picker.py", line 1649, in _build_customize_picker&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\ui\ui_dialog_picker.py", line 558, in populate_protocol_buffer&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 107, in SetterTypeError: 4.000000059604645 has type &lt;class 'float'&gt;, but expected one of: int, longrtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 13.48&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;LoadingScreenActiveFlag: 1&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 13,140,0,5653&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 11 10.0.22631 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti nvldumdx.dll 31.0.15.5123, GUID: D7B71E3E-64C2-11CF-696E-99360EC2D235&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to make more general and added spoiler tag, added tag

Message 2 of 73 (5,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Dialog Picker for several give food interactions doesn't appear/LE

Hero

• Fixed an issue with object picker UI menus that - when certain conditions were met - would interfere with Sims’ ability to run various “Give” interactions (interactions where objects would be given to other Sims).

Fixed in Patch 1.105.345/1.89

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 73 of 73 (1,795 Views)

All Replies

Can't leave offering for sprites on altar, nothing appears to be blocking

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020 (hard to read white script on blue, so hope this is correct)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for rent and home chef
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join university secret society. The problem for me started after attending one of the gatherings--it was after that the altar no longer seems to accept any offerings from my sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't leave offering after approaching the altar, no pop up comes up, it just disappears from the action queue.
What do you expect to see? Giving offerings to work as normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim was able to leave a few offerings as normal, but then suddenly it stopped working. Nothing appears on the altar, and other society members seem to be able to do it fine, but whenever my sim tries it just...doesn't do anything. No pop up to select the offering from inventory comes up, he just stands there next to altar not able to do anything. Again, there doesn't appear to be anything ON the altar, so I can't use the destroy object cheat to get rid of anything. I had no mods installed when this started, but then installed some enable cheats mods hoping they would help with a solution, but nothing worked. It's just stuck for some reason. 

Message 1 of 73 (2,870 Views)

[W] Can't Contribute To Pack Resources

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0-9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.105.332.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join a pack (I am with the Moonwood Collective Pack). Have items in inventory to contribute to pack. Try to contribute to pack.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to select the "Contribute to Pack Resources" option, nothing happens. The menu doesn't pop-up to select items to contribute.
What do you expect to see? The menu popping up to select items to contribute.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unsure

I'm not sure exactly when this issue first came about as I don't play with werewolf packs much, but I have updated to the latest update. I decided to play with a werewolf pack (Moonwood Collective) and found that I couldn't even contribute to resources. This is a problem as it is one of the tasks for either packs. If I can't contribute, then my werewolf will get a notification from the pack for slacking on this one task. What happens is that the option shows up, but after clicking on it, nothing happens. The pop-up menu does not show up. I can check the resources, use the facilities, and even call members over. It's only the contribution option that isn't working.

Here is a video of what I am experiencing.

Edit: I have no idea what happened, but it's now showing up. I got a notification about not participating with the pack. I went to try to give pack members gifts. Out of curiosity, I tried again and it seemed to work now. So, the menu is appearing now, but it was strange that it wasn't showing up.

Edit 2: Changed the occurrence/frequency as now it seems to be working. It doesn't seem to happen every time now but once in a while will do it.

Message 3 of 73 (3,289 Views)

Re: Give Food from Inventory to toddler causes last Exception Error/fails

★★★ Apprentice

This must be the same exception which is generated with offering servings of food to specters (paranormal pack) from sim inventory.

Sometimes works, but most often the picker menu (where you pick the offering) does not even popup.

Message 4 of 73 (5,731 Views)

Re: Give Food from Inventory to toddler causes last Exception Error/fails

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Hangtooth Do you get the same LE ?

I think it might be best if you make your own thread on this as they need to fix issues indivudually.

Since there are many interactions that all have this issue and it's all the same LE (number may vary) and this thread is already a collection, I've started merging all instances of this bug.

So far, this occurs

- Giving food from inventory to toddler (interaction on the Sim)

- [W] Contribute Pack resources

- [PSP] Food offerings for spectres

- [CoL] Give food items for errands, especially Agatha

- Give Grill cheese sandwich in space

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (5,247 Views)

Re: [W] Can't Contribute To Pack Resources

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem Frown 

Message 6 of 73 (3,223 Views)

Hero
@DracuAlice2017 Did you get any lastExceptions when it happened ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 73 (3,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict I'm not sure. It's working fine now. I really have no idea why it was doing that. I recall it doing it another time and I think just waiting a bit before trying again worked. How would you find the last exceptions? Would I be able to find it this far into the play?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the last Exception. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Do you want me to copy and paste the entire thing?

Message 8 of 73 (3,216 Views)

Hero
@DracuAlice2017 It's in your user folder but there might be other errors too so it's bit hard to tell if it's really related to that issue.

@narushika001 Since it's still happening for you, could you check for any LastException files in your documents folder ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload

Follow instructions here on how to upload: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/3445427#M181737 (under Additional info)

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 73 (3,213 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Deleted the old ones, restarted the game, tried to contribute to pack resource, and i get the file. Here it is.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 10 of 73 (3,201 Views)