Re: [FIXED] [LL] [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Re: [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

★★★★ Novice

I have been able to do additions on a few of them, where you're given an exact number of squares (floor spaces) to add.  I was able to add a balcony, a mother-in-law suite (not attached to main house), and an art studio (attached to main house).  I am unable to add a level for the "add a level to this home" job.  I cannot build up (roof is in the way, and am not allowed to edit the roof) or down - tried adding a basement.  I also can't interact with anything in the house, so it isn't just a matter of me trying to renovate the wrong area.

Message 11 of 14 (826 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

★★★★ Novice

Not only couldn't I add the basement, it wouldn't let me add any new walls. I tried going to manage world, but it wouldn't let me add the basement. I couldn't add the basement at all. I also tried to use bb.enablefreebuild but it only took away the cost. I then could only meet the job requirements by adding an additional prebuilt room, attaching it to another room, and replacing all of the items.

Message 12 of 14 (674 Views)

Re: [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

Hero

Entered the lot through 'Manage worlds', placed the basement and the gig disappeared. The game reset to the day before so I had to choose a new gig.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 13 of 14 (622 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [LL] [DHD] Won't allow Sim to build 'basement level addition'

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• Decorator Sims who attempt to do a Basement Gym Level Addition gig are now able to add basements. Sim afraid of working out underground will not be pleased with this update.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread. 

solaire.png

Message 14 of 14 (2,022 Views)