Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Limited Edition Basegame, Digital Deluxe Upgrade, all EP/GP/SP, but no Sims 3 reward objects.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start a painting on an easel - Can be a regular painting (Classic used in testing) or Paint from reference. 2. Stop painting once the picture becomes visible. 3. Click on half-finished painting and resuming painting (option available and working) 4. Stop painting again. 5. Travel to another lot and back, or save and restart your game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Click on half-finished painting (only the option to "Scrap Painting" is available)
What do you expect to see? Click on half-finished painting and resuming painting (option available and working).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I took out all mods, deleted caches and repaired game before testing.

Tested on both Large Classic painting (regular randomised paintings) and Large Paint from reference painting.

There is a workaround:

1. Drag the painting into your inventory
  2. Drag painting back to easel.
  3. Resume painting option should now be available.
Message 1 of 35 (15,684 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Travelling/Exit Ga

★★★★ Pro

Some weeks ago this happened all the time to me, but it looks fixed since the Seasons Patch. I have tested it several times without any problems now.

View in thread

Message 32 of 35 (12,228 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Traveling/Exit

★★ Expert
followed your steps, and tested on a small Classic painting. adding a "me too".
Message 2 of 35 (15,523 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Can't Resume Painting an Incomplete Painting after Traveling/Exit

Champion

Yes, I had this issue too. I had a painter sim start a confident painting, but after returning from travelling off lot, the half finished painting had scrap as the only option.

Message 3 of 35 (15,511 Views)

Sim stopped continuing current painting task

★★ Guide
Product: The Sims 4 Platform:PC Which language are you playing the game in? English How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have 3 empty easel. 2. Click easel-1 and select an option to draw Large Abstruct painting. Do same thing to easel-2 and easel-3. 3. Sim will walk to easel-1 and start painting. 4. What happens when the bug occurs? But, after few realtime seconds later, sim will give up current painting(just cancel current action) and move to the next task, easel-2. And easel-3. I had to click easel-1 and select resume option to continue. (sim's health status is all green state) What do you expect to see? Do the work. Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them. Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes Please describe the patch or change you made. Since last update.
Message 4 of 35 (15,384 Views)

Re: Sim stopped continuing current painting task

Champion

@99publicidentity, brought this to my attention on the Gameplay section of this forum.  (Thanks @crinrict for directing us here! )  Usually leaving the lot and returning fixes glitches in one's game, but in this case it triggers this new bug! Shocked  When I have my Sim stop painting to do something else and return (while on the same lot) it works as it is supposed to, but when they travel to another lot and come back, the painting must be scrapped ! Frown

I have not tested it when the Sim painting it goes to work and returns, because my Sim I tested this with paints for a living.  Since we don't have a loading screen when Sims go to (most of) their jobs, this may or may not trigger the bug.  I will have to test it, unless someone already knows! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 35 (15,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi @PugLove888,

i tested this with a small Abstract painting last week (i wanted to see what happened, too!) and going to work didn't trigger the bug. most likely because (like you said) there were no loading screens involved. my Sim started the painting, stopped it and left for work, and was able to resume it after she returned home. Thumbs up

it's strange. since Sims can leave the house for other things (i also tested with jogging)... it seems to be that the loading screens are to blame for this. :'(

Message 6 of 35 (15,217 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (15,166 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I had this issue too

Message 8 of 35 (15,118 Views)

Champion

Yes, @crinrict@unseenlarks , I also finally tested to see if going to work would trigger this bug, and going to work (not counting doctor, police detective, scientist, or vet) does not trigger the bug, just like Unseenlarks stated.  I had the feeling it was related to the loading screens or to the player leaving the lot and not to the Sim leaving the lot. Raised eyebrow 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 35 (15,107 Views)

★★ Expert
i see... "artistic isolation" in my Sim's future... Disappointed
Message 10 of 35 (15,094 Views)