Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Yard Sale Customers Wander Around the House

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Yard Sale
What happens when the bug occurs? Yard sale Customers will enter the house and make themselves at home, or klepto items.
What do you expect to see? Yard sale Customers not entering the house like they are my Sims best friend.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have to lock the doors to my house during a Yard sale or the customers will just roam around the house, eating food or stealing things, or both. You can't ask them to leave because you never actually invited them in. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 20 (4,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Visitors won't leave, harvested my crops

Hero

Sims rejoice! Yard sale customers will no longer invade their Home Lots and use Household objects. It is a Yard Sale… OUT in the yard, not an Open House.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (3,644 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PS4] Yard Sale Customers Wander Around the House

★★★★ Guide
This issue also occurs on PC. Kind of think it's by design. Locking doors prior to sale is a good workaround, so I'd personally keep doing that. Happy simming! <3
Message 2 of 20 (3,933 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Unwanted House Guests in Sulani & at Sulani Parties

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

It is actually not only at Sulani, my current sim lives in Newcrest and when he holds a Yard Sale others just barg in to his front door as well. It is locked to 'household only' but they just ignore it completely! You can also see it happening in this video of The Sim Supply around 14:05. He locked that front door before that.

Workaround: I made a small 2x2 hallway right behind the front door, and locked the door from that hallway to the rest of the house for anyone but household members. If I have visitors I temporarily unlock it. It seems so far that only front-door locks get ignored, other doors lock just fine!

I still think this is a really annoying bug that needs to be put on the list though!

Message 3 of 20 (3,886 Views)

Hero
@AlHollandiyah Moved your post over to the yard sale issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (3,860 Views)

yard sale causes NPC sims to invade my house

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino, Realm of Magic, and Discover University.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Begin a yard sale using the sales table (I used the one from Jungle Adventure) on home lot (for me this happens in Sulani)
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims spawn for the yard sale but sometimes instead of purchasing items they invade my house if doors are unlocked.
What do you expect to see? For sims to not invade my house regardless of whether the doors are locked or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This used to happen a while back when city living first launched, then it stopped, and now it appears to be happening again after the latest patch.

Message 5 of 20 (3,760 Views)

Re: yard sale causes NPC sims to invade my house

Hero
@filipomel Don't think this was ever patched.

I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (3,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Same here. Locking the front door for 'everyone but the household', starting a yard sale outside by the street, and sims just walk straight into the house like there isn't any locks. Thanks for the tip about making another door, going to check that out!

Edit: making another door didn't help, the sims walk through the main front door and the follow up door like they aren't locked, and straight into raiding the fridge from the food my sim has cooked. 

The house is in Strangerville, just in case it makes any difference.

Message 7 of 20 (3,705 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CL] Yard Sale Customers Wander Around the House

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yard Sale customers will no longer wander inside Sims’ houses and interact with their belongings. While prospective buyers are nice to have in any sale, this was just rude, this is NOT a Welcome Wagon.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Seems this is not fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (3,428 Views)

NPCs enter home and garden while Yard Sale is active

★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020 (current as of 4 June 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Yard Sale and tend any stocked selling table or the Street Gallery from City Living
What happens when the bug occurs? When Yard Sale is active, the NPC Sims coming to buy items will enter the residential lot and hang out with other NPCs and there is no way to get them to leave
What do you expect to see? NPC Sims do not enter home or garden while attending a Yard Sale
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I host a Yard Sale, the NPCs attending the sale will enter my Sim’s house and garden and interact with things like eating food from the fridge, using the PC, watching TV, etc. There is no way to get them to leave as the game does not register them as visitors, so I cannot use the “Ask to Leave”, “Go Away”, or the new “Send Home” interactions.

I read about this the other day before the emergency patch on 4 June 2020 and this patch was supposed to fix that issue, but it is still occurring for me.

This also seems to continue even after the Yard Sale is over; Knox has entered my lot twice with his entire household without knocking, asking to come over, or being invited, and there’s no way to get them to leave!

Message 9 of 20 (3,509 Views)

Re: NPCs enter home and garden while Yard Sale is active

Hero
@lookingforbex Hm, thought that was fixed.

Will test my game tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 20 (3,505 Views)