Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CD] Whiskers not showing up on cats in CAP

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All Game Packs All Stuff Packs All Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? In create a pet nothing happens when I apply whiskers to my cats, this also happens when I download cats with which have whiskers from the gallery. This only happened after the latest patch update. I have repaired the game and done a clean reinstall. I have a clean vanilla game currently with no mods installed
What do you expect to see? Whiskers on my cats
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest Patch update

You can see by the picture that whiskers are selected but they are not showing up on my cat

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 54 (8,693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CD] Whiskers not showing up on cats in CAP

Hero

We fixed an issue in which whiskers were not being seen applied to Cats. A Cat without
whiskers is like Peanut butter without Jelly… or something like that! Just wrong!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 54 of 54 (3,214 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CD] Whiskers not showing up on cats in CAP

★ Pro

@louafc  I saw this in my game this morning. I was adding cats to a couple of households using standard breeds from the game. They all appeared without whiskers and I couldn't get any to show up. I tried all whiskers choices and all colors without success.

I have all content released to date installed; never used mods/cc; play in English and am on 1.72.28.1030 game version. I, too, tried a game repair and then rechecked. Nope, no whiskers.

Message 2 of 54 (8,600 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its such an odd glitch, but I am glad I am not alone. I was starting to think it was just me as I haven't seen anyone else mention it online or on the forums. I hope they fix this soon. :-)

Message 3 of 54 (8,597 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ditto.  No whiskers on my cat that I know had whiskers.

Message 4 of 54 (8,580 Views)

Cats have no Whiskers ingame or CAS.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs. No Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at any Cat in the game or CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? No Cats are having Whiskers anymore. And you can't add them in CAS.
What do you expect to see? Visible Whiskers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Cat is supposed to have visible Whiskers.

Message 5 of 54 (8,508 Views)

Re: Cats have no Whiskers ingame or CAS.

★★★★ Guide

same to me.. no whiskers. This is definetley a new visual Bug...

Message 6 of 54 (8,395 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also saw this bug about an hour ago. It's definitely annoying 

Message 7 of 54 (8,344 Views)

★★ Pro
@louafc That is seriously disturbing. How did a bunk bed update, with some minor CAS changes and some other tweaks cause cat whisker loss? That is so cruel.

I can't say Me Too because I have not got the latest patch update, thank heavens; I love my cats.
Message 8 of 54 (8,320 Views)

★★★★ Guide

is there a bug fix around? anyone knows?

Message 9 of 54 (8,172 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't found any workarounds.  I didn't check to see if there are any mods out there though as I don't use them.

Message 10 of 54 (8,161 Views)