[FIXED] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

by Desideratus1986

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Beautifully decorated moddlet broken/ Always poorly decorated

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I’m playing on Mac with MCCC and CC. I don’t have Eco Lifestyle, so for me the issue lies within Del Sol Valley. I’ve been to Sulani with no issues (see reason below).

About two months ago, I built a modern inspired house on the Chateau Park lot, and just moved my sims in from San Myshuno. This is where the poorly decorated and dismally decorated moods occur. I removed tons of windows, changed floors, walls, outdoor lighting, and added more paintings and plants, but none of it changes anything.

I have a house in Willow Creek, and it always has either decorated or nicely decorated moods.

The apartment in San Myshuno never had any type of environment moods with the exception of pest and broken electrical.

I built a vacation home in Sulani around the same time I built the Chateau Park home, and my sims didn’t experience anything like this.

edit: I restarted my game with the Build Mode Effects turned off, and now my house is giving decorated and nicely decorated moodlets. I removed all mods and CC, and got the positive moodlets. I added the mods and CC back, and it has positive moodlets. It seems to be glitched.

Message 71 of 100 (1,625 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, but on PC. It just popped up yesterday for me though!

I wasn't having this issue playing families in Brindleton Bay and Newcrest. I had created and updated several houses there over the past few weeks and none of the Sims had this moodlet, ever. Most of the homes were updated and upgraded. Monday of this week I started building a new "village" on the Crumbling Isle 64x64 in Windenburg, I partially finished yesterday and created some Roomie Sims to move in. They were getting the "Poorly Decorated moodlet OUTSIDE, they hadn't even made it into the house before being in a bad mood for 2 hours.

I had them working in the garden, so I assumed it was a glitch about being outside possibly; I still had some decorating to do in the front yard and it was cold, but this has never happened anywhere else before coming to Windenburg.

I had the SIms go in one by one to visit the actual house. The 2 hours wore off and they were happy for a moment before the moodlet came back. I redid the open living, dining and kitchen probably 4 times in different colors and added several items to bump their room decor, still hated it. I sent them to bed, including myself, because after a week on a lot - that was pretty frustrating to redo it and it still be bad.

I woke up this morning in hopes my Sims would wake up and love their rooms. No, that was a reach, as they all went to Poorly Decorated as each woke up and went to shower. I'm guessing this is an issue/bug; kind of like the "needs exercise moodlet" that stays on even while exercising.

Message 72 of 100 (1,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

An update from me for the house I have issue with. I changed the wall color cause the ones I use is cc and it seems broken. I thought cc on item shouldn't have problems because it's just mesh. 

The deco moodlet is okay in general. Negative moodlet on decorations happen less, but there is still some bug in it, cause my sims still complain about the decorations on certain spots and they think something about the wall coloring and the floor is off.

This house was fine for my new sim for testing, then I moved my preexist played household in the house, and then the problems pop out. So it feels like this deco bug affects more in the played sims (maybe they got sensitive?). Maybe they're used to nice deco house and couldn't get use to the new ones.

I'm ok with the timer for the nice decoration moodlet, it makes sense. What does not is that I couldn't fix this big house no matter what. And I think there might be some hidden rules on the moodlet, because the negative deco moodlet will not go away when the sims change location, but the moodlet will get refreshed to nicely deco in the common area (kitchen+dinning+living room) on the first floor, and the negative ones git wiped out. It's just seems that this room deco is too good that it overpower the old, negative ones.

I have created another house, a tiny home with nature plants backyard, and the moodlet works perfectly fine. 

P.S: The game version now is: 1.65.70.1020

Message 73 of 100 (1,556 Views)

★ Novice

The funny, and mostly sad part of all this is that this was an issue in the ORIGINAL Sims game. My house would completely fill my Sim's environment meter, but when he/she would go outside to get into the carpool it would plummet and give him/her a significantly lower mood right before work. I had to make a garden of eden/art museum out of the front yard to combat it. Here we are 20 years later.

I like to build stuff for the gallery. As it is currently, I quite literally have to use the most expensive art as wallpaper for my creation as to not affect sims negatively.
I have had a painter Sim that had his house completely filled with very high quality paintings. He went from thinking his life's work was "beautiful" to just "nice". Poor fellow.

Message 74 of 100 (1,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, I’ve been having the same issues. It was okay until I started renovating my house around a month after the update, I’m glad this is getting addressed, it’s annoying 

Message 75 of 100 (1,402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. 

I haven't played in some 9 months, but when I loaded up the game to play the new Eco pack, my beautifully-decorated house (that I put a LOT of effort into, thanks very much) is now generating 'poorly decorated' moodlets in places I can't yet identify.  I can't pin down with certainty what's doing it, but it's happening and it NEVER did before.  It was a beautifully decorated house.  

Message 76 of 100 (1,368 Views)

★★ Guide

My issue is also in Del Sol Valley! My Sims have a $250,000 mansion in Del Sol Valley with plenty of decorations, and they constantly have the Poorly Decorated moodlet. I decorated the outside of the pool and replaced the concrete with Eco Lifestyle tiles, but I still have this problem.

Message 77 of 100 (1,331 Views)

★ Novice

I use cc and i usally get the good decorated moodlet but when my sims walk around the house the rooms with nothing in them gives them the good moddlet. i am vvvvvvvv confused.

Message 78 of 100 (1,279 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 79 of 100 (1,164 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick Hi, just sent one. I created my lot/household a year ago without experiencing the 'poorly decorated' and sometimes 'dismally decorated' moodlets. After reinstalling a few weeks ago, I encounter it every in-game day.
Message 80 of 100 (1,111 Views)