[FIXED] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

by Edouble72

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] No Dust Appearing on Residential Lots

★★★ Novice
@Neechan1 I've tried this a thousand times and it's not working :-( I use CC but only 2 mods MCC and Better Build Buy.
Message 81 of 154 (1,364 Views)

★★ Guide
@lizarsa

Don't worry about your mods and ccs. I have many mods to fix game bugs.
I tested the kit and the problem is really with the game options.
Do the test:
1.Go to game options deactivate > apply changes > activate > apply changes > return to the game (do these steps at the sim's house, so you don't enter any loading screen).
2. Play with your sim in the house for 4-5 days straight.
Just stay in the house, don't let any loading screens enter, don't enter CAS, don't travel with your sim, don't leave the game.
You will notice that dust will appear.

This tip only works for testing the kit, but for playing it is totally unfeasible.
You can create a new save, leave your sim's own will as total and leave the game running in time 3, then time passes faster and you'll see the dust appear.
There's no way to do this other than just a test save.
Because at this test time we can't leave the game and enter a loading screen, being for a gameplay save at the moment there is no solution.
Message 82 of 154 (1,342 Views)

★ Guide
@lizarsa I forgot to mention you have to stay on the lot for a few days, but it does work
Message 83 of 154 (1,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@lizarsa
It takes about 3 days for dust to accumulate, but even after applying Neechan1's fix  the dust system currently only works if you never enter a loading screen, which also means you cannot travel (and probably can't enter CAS). The moment you do that the dust system turns itself off again.

And since never entering a loading screen is just not feasible in a normal game play this means that Bust the Dust is completely broken.

Message 84 of 154 (1,266 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue with the Dust not working correctly.

Message 85 of 154 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Kendra002 

Agree, this work-a-round is useless for player which travel a lot with their sims. I only used the dust system in my modded game (because there you can remove the sniffing) and since July I never got dust anymore because I travel a lot with my sims. I hope they will fix it with all other broken toggles, so we can play again with dust and the lovely dust bunnies.

Message 86 of 154 (1,092 Views)

No more dust appearing

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except Journey to Batoo, Decor to the max, Blooming rooms kit, Industrial Loft Kit, Courtyard Oasis Kit, and Country Kitchen Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play any household and you won't see dust, at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor is always clean and never gets dusty.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a lot of dust.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Right after the HSY release the dust stopped working.

I don't have pictures, yet.

Message 87 of 154 (1,064 Views)

★ Novice
@Edouble72 My floors are permanently pristine. I cannot access gameplay from this pack. No CC and own all expansion packs. I tried disabling/enabling but it didn't work. I regret buying this now because it is broken beyond use and there is literally no point in owning it.
Message 88 of 154 (900 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same issue everyone else is reporting. Ever since the High School pack launched (which I don't currently own), no dust accumlates, and no amount of vacuuming will remove dust from already dusty floors. Sims will get the moodlets showing the floor as spotless, but the dust and dust bunnies remain. This is happening across all saves, including newly made ones.

Message 89 of 154 (832 Views)

Dust system doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.92.145.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all the expansion packs. Game packs: Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Vampires. Stuff packs: Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Luxury Party, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Spooky, Tiny Living, Toddler, Vintage Glamour. Kits: Blooming Rooms, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Desert Luxe, Industrial Loft, Throwback Fit. I never used custom contents or mods.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter a household, and the dust won't appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dust system doesn't work, the floor never gets dusty. I enabled dust system in the game, but there is no dust at all neither in my households
What do you expect to see? Dusty floors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dust system doesn't work, the floor never gets dusty. I enabled dust system in the game, but there is no dust at all neither in my households

Message 90 of 154 (807 Views)