Re: [BDK] Floors become clean and dust bunnies disappear on travelling/Reloading

by NightmareOctopus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [BDK] Floors become clean/dust bunnies disappear on travelling/Reloading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except the country kitchen kit and throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? playtest your gameplay-based kit
What happens when the bug occurs? The dust bunnies I've accumulated disappear randomly and the floor becomes sparkling clean when I've done nothing to clean the house. I also ran into a bug trying to befriend my dust bunnies after one I had befriended disappeared when leaving the lot. This occurred once about a day into a new save file when I went to the park. I left with a dirty house and three dust bunnies. One was befriended. Upon returning my house was clean, and I had a "debug" object in my inventory that I suspect was my befriended bust bunny. Could not place the debug object. Had to recycle it to get it out of my inentory. It occurred again when my sim was sleeping around 10AM. The "love day tomorrow" notification popped up and when it did my dirty house again became clean and all three bunnies I'd accumulated at that point disappeared. None were befriended yet. Nothing in my inventory. Not sure if the seasons holiday notification was at all related to the house cleaning. I then allowed my floors to get dirty again. This time I could not befriend the dust bunnies because " I already have too many dust bunny friends on this floor" I had zero befriended bunnies. I decided to run a test and closed out my game with a dirty floor and three bunnies. Guess what happened when I loaded up? The floors were clean. Bunnies loaded but disappeared as soon as I unpaused.
What do you expect to see? I expect my house to remain dirty when it hasn't been cleaned so I can complete my new aspiration and enjoy the new gameplay. I shouldn't be stuck in my house or unable to shut down the application just to keep a dirty floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number 

Message 1 of 18 (3,858 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [BDK] Floors become clean/dust bunnies disappear on travelling/Reload

Hero

Tiny Homes will no longer magically get clean and have Dust Bunnies disappear (if Simmers own Bust the Dust) when Sims travel or Simmers reload the game. Man, I wish my apartment would magically get clean like that though.

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

The patch notes say it was fixed for Tiny lots so if it's happening on other lots and is still happening,  please create a new thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (3,398 Views)

All Replies

Re: Floors randomly become clean and dust bunnies disappear

★★★★★ Novice

update: my floor has become clean once again out of nowhere. My two befriended bunnies stayed. My unbefriended bunny went away. I traveled to another lot and came back, my befriended bunnies were present when I got home but immediately disappeared when I unpaused.

Also, I've noticed when the dust goes away the floor seems to be more "neutral" than anything. I can't check the dust level, there are no moodlets, its just a normal floor for about 24 hours before becoming pristine and having to play the waiting game for dust to come again.

Message 2 of 18 (3,797 Views)

Re: Floors randomly become clean and dust bunnies disappear

★★ Guide
@hollabec_girl I haven't had actual dust bunnies yet, but I have noticed that leaving a lot results in magically clean floors most, if not all, of the time.
Message 3 of 18 (3,785 Views)

Dust Bunnies Disappear

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Paranormal, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have dust and dust bunnies on the floor, save and close them game, and upon restarting as the game unpauses the dust bunnies disappear. It was very difficult to get them to appear and and now they glitch out.
What happens when the bug occurs? The house starts up, sims that were alseep get back into bed, etc, and as this happens the dust bunnies jump and disappear.
What do you expect to see? My befriended dust bunny should remain. The others should also remain on the dusty floor. Dust should remain instead of randomly disappearing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 4 of 18 (3,659 Views)

Re: [BDK] Floors become clean and dust bunnies disappear on travelling/Reloading

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. Befriended and non befriended dust bunnies and dust fiend disappear after returning to lot. Once back my floors are clean and sparkling when they were filthy before I left. I also noticed the floors are not getting dirty at all after this happens. I played several days and the floors stayed clean.

Message 5 of 18 (3,635 Views)

Re: Dust Bunnies Disappear

★★★ Novice

Same thing for me, befriended dust bunnies should be here/there to stay!

Message 6 of 18 (3,602 Views)

Re: Dust Bunnies Disappear

★ Guide

The same thing happens to me. Whenever I load into a new lot, it defaults to clean. This means that whenever I load into a save I've exited, any dust bunnies I've befriended or dust I've accumulated instantly disappears. I really wish progress was saved. It's fine if a lot you've never been to is clean when you get there, but it's infuriating to lose all my progress because I had to go to work or even just stay on the dusty/dirty lot but exit the game for some reason.

Message 7 of 18 (3,579 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issues as well. I'm angry. Why would they release a product so bugged it doesn't even work. There seems no way to be refunded a purchase that literally adds nothing and makes me angry seeing it.  

Message 8 of 18 (3,540 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah me too! I was really excited for this and worked hard to befriend a bunny and get my floor dirty. Now I don't even want to start up the game because it will erase my hard work.

Message 9 of 18 (3,534 Views)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
How often does the bug occur? From time to time
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
EP - Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape
GP - Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure
SP - Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
KITS - Bust The Dust
OTHER - Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on a house (Regular lot or Tiny house) with a dirty dust level without cleaning for a while
What happens when the bug occurs? 
I have this bug too. My sims house (dust level: Dirty level) cleaned itself when my sim was at work (Dust level: Pristine and all dust / dust bunnies disappeared). I didn't travel / leave the lot, I did have a vaccuum cleaner (1 big +1 handheld one) on the lot (but no sims on the lot)
What do you expect to see? That my house would remain dirty
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, and never used it
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 10 of 18 (3,517 Views)